Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Villain wrote: »
    One server now IRE1 Boards.

Updated to latest beta and 1.7.1.5 using new server with i7 980x 24GB RAM and 120GB SSD 100mb connection.

IF YOU USE IT DONATE PLEASE.

PM me for details on how to donate.

Seen it as 1.7.1.4 ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Seen it as 1.7.1.4 ?

It's just the server name which is incorrect.

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

Can we get this setup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Ponster wrote: »

Can we get this setup ?

Have the latest beta installed, 7.5 but there a message on screen in white cant read it ? Me and a mate connected with updated ver also same problem ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

What does it mean if someone "wiggles". i.e. Lean left, right, left right?

My lean buttons don't work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Do we need the new beta or is 1.7.1.5 all i need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Varik wrote: »
    Do we need the new beta or is 1.7.1.5 all i need.

You need the new beta.

any idea why i can't get this to work, the 1.7.1.5 servers say

'You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.'

all i did was replace the folder with the folder off the torrent and added the addons folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

be carefull placing tents duping was supposedly fixed but a friend set 1 tent down (i was watching) and 24 spawned in a 180 semi circle one inside another and near killed him in the process he went down to 2000 blood from full and it was difficult to get to him to fix him up

I don't use the torrents so I'm not much help, but inside the addons folder you should have 14 files which you extracted from the torrent?

If you have all of these and they are all up to date, and they are in the correct place /arma 2 operation arrowhead/@DayZ/Addons then there is no reason it shouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

_vti wrote: »
    welcome to mid/late april..

It's news to me.

A couple of weeks back I remember climbing the ladder at Eleckro's hospital and not being followed to the top by the pursuing horde. They just stood at the bottom, staring up at me.

• Advertisement

I don't use the torrents so I'm not much help, but inside the addons folder you should have 14 files which you extracted from the torrent?

If you have all of these and they are all up to date, and they are in the correct place /arma 2 operation arrowhead/@DayZ/Addons then there is no reason it shouldn't work.

Just started working not sure why, i think i changed the folders to lower case and just redid some of the Arma 2 launcher options.

Calling it a night but went on there to see if it work, checked my food and water supplies and swapped my binoculars out for the range finders. Both are tied to "B" but the one in the first slot is only used so i had to swap the around. No reason to keep the binoculars so someone can have those.

All my stuff has green bars on them now, not sure what that's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Varik wrote: »
    any idea why i can't get this to work, the 1.7.1.5 servers say

'You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.'

all i did was replace the folder with the folder off the torrent and added the addons folder.

I get 'You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.'upon joining any DayZ server.

- You installed the mod or the shortcut incorrectly. Make sure you add "-mod=@dayz" without quotes in the launch options and DayZ mod files are installed in the proper folder. By default: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons"

Straight from social group FAQ ;)

Just there I put the @DayZ folder on a small disk I made out of my RAM which has speeds much much faster than any SSD.
    Loaded into the game almost instantly, but didn't notice any FPS increase.

Watched that one hour interview/gameplay with Rocket and that english guy.
    In terms of interviews, it wasn't very good. They were too worried about surviving to answer any questions, but it was still enjoyable.
    Its funny that Rocket is a bit of a noob at his own game :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just there I put the @DayZ folder on a small disk I made out of my RAM which has speeds much much faster than any SSD.

Watched that one hour interview/gameplay with Rocket and that english guy.
    In terms of interviews, it wasn't very good. They were too worried about surviving to answer any questions, but it was still enjoyable.
    Its funny that Rocket is a bit of a noob at his own game :P

Do you have a link on how to set that up Flying?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can we get this setup ?

Would prefer not to as that island would be accessible then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

What does it mean if someone "wiggles". i.e. Lean left, right, left right?

My lean buttons don't work

You should shoot them. It's a war dance!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Andrew76 wrote: »

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16332

Dcully wrote: »

Excellent thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

dreamers75 wrote: »

Can we get this setup ?

Would prefer not to as that island would be accessible then ;)
    I thought we weren't going to talk about the island...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

My new misson is chopper spawns,I want an m107

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Same as that, I've noticed things being a bit smoother here and there, but the best way to increase FPS is still to look straight at the ground and not move.

In particular I've found inventory to be more responsive. I've yet to notice another apparent performance difference.

Andrew76 wrote: »

Cheers Ponster, I came across that vid from Dcully's link. Very useful it is, will test it out tonight. :)

I didn't watch either of those videos, but the guide I read told me to use 6updater, I decided to just use the arma 2 launcher instead, works the exact same.

And here, this video is about a month and a half old, its a video of the first time a group of us managed to get together.

I really really hate the sound of my voice in this video, have to get a better mic.

1.7.1.6 is out later...

I really really hate the sound of my voice

So do we :D

Saw this video on Reddit. Excellent advice !

When being chased by a zombie horde, run towards a pine tree and stay as close as possible to the trunk of the pine tree.

Stay at that position for a moment (10 seconds or so) until the Zombies are really close and attacking.

You will not get hurt even if they are right in your face, but if you do get hurt, reposition yourself.

Slowly back away for cover.

If you look back, you will sometimes see the Zombies attacking the tree branches or each other for a moment.

They will loose interest and return to non-aggro state.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1.7.1.6 is out later...

Any patch notes for this? Can't seem to find them on the site.

Kiith wrote: »
    Any patch notes for this? Can't seem to find them on the site.

The twitter said it was something to do with spawning in the debug area.

Password for the mumble changed? It keeps telling me I have the wrong one.
    edit: nvm, something to do with that cert thing, looks like I'll have to log on with FlyingIrishMan1 from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

The one that's listed in this thread still works. Though, no one is on it. But if you guys switched to the other mumble server, this lonely man would like an invite to the cool people group.

• Advertisement

The one that's listed in this thread still works. Though, no one is on it. But if you guys switched to the other mumble server, this lonely man would like an invite to the cool people group.

Sometime over the next few days a man with a white rose will speak to you. When he asks whats the weather like in dublin, the password is "****e as ever".

After that is a 3 day course where you will be waterboarded until you never reveal the camp details. Then your induction starts with breakfast a team meeting then lunch thats it you in then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement