Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*sigh*

I'm sad that nobody seems to even consider teamwork anymore :( part of the problem with the removal of the side chat and lack of bandit indicators :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say unless you find someone as soon as you spawn, who also doesn't have a weapon, you'll pretty much be shooting on site. Has anyone even tested the bandit heartbeat thing? What sort of range does it have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Crackheadbob

So..DayZ patch turns a great stealth game into the benny hill theme song with zombies..unless you run into a pine tree...apparently pine trees are like kryptonite to zombies

Hi Guys,

What is the server running now, last time I logged into the server I was using version 1.7 and ARMA beta patch 93528.

Thanks for the help,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

beta 93965

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is everyone done being secretive and going back in the public mumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sometime over the next few days a man with a white rose will speak to you. When he asks whats the weather like in dublin, the password is "****e as ever".

After that is a 3 day course where you will be waterboarded until you never reveal the camp details. Then your induction starts with breakfast a team meeting then lunch thats it you in then.

Team meeting? Ugghhh... let me think about it...

Side note, I found a crashed helo. Was rather exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Ponster wrote: »
    beta 93965

Use didnt update the ver number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Smiley_ie wrote: »

Its just the description, we have to restart to change the name, you know what version it is it, so what difference does it make?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Smiley_ie wrote: »

you* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Villain wrote: »
    Its just the description, we have to restart to change the name, you know what version it is it, so what difference does it make?

No its just if it's a different ver you loose stuff bugs ? just making sure. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

for theses who use an iPad/laptop/other browser as a map in game this is the daddy of all maps...
    http://dayzdb.com/map

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭irishmadboy

Team meeting? Ugghhh... let me think about it...

Side note, I found a crashed helo. Was rather exciting.
    I also found one, got a silenced SMG, a Sniper and NVGs. Died 20 mins later in a small town.

Literally felt like ****. :( However, good luck to whoever killed me and enjoy the rather amazing loot.

I only just discovered you can combine shotgun ammo now :(

been desperate for a bigger bag cause I had so much 2 round ammo and turned out I could combine 4 of em into 8 round ammo.

Still need a bigger bag though. been in elektro for too long and I still cant find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Abusable exploit in the game it seems, it'll probably be addressed in an upcoming update but if you're stuck, use it while you can. If you've got an M1911 or revolver with at least 1 mag, you've essentially got infinite ammo for either since you can just right click and convert the ammo to the either a revolver cylinder or M1911 mag depending on what you have, then convert it back. Even if you've got only a round left in the mag, once you do a conversion, it'll give you a full mag back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If you have to go to more than 3 coffee shops then there is something up.

I am so depressed now :(

I had an absolutely awesome run through electro, was leaving it with an alice pack stocked with food/medical supplies (2 of each, bloodpack, painkillers, morphine etc)/water/wood etc, I had an m1014 with over 80 rounds half buck half pellet. an M1916 with 7 clips and a tonne of utilities including a hunting knife, shovel, flashlight, toolbox, watch etc

I was well chuffed and almost at the point that if I find a hatchet I could be self sufficient in the woods and not risk the towns much anymore.

I'd also happy to learn that not only can I combine shotgun ammo but you can change revolver ammo into m1916 ammo and vice versa.

I also stumbled on two guys starting and though I almost took their heads off with my shotgun I was able to point them in the direction of a double barrelled shotgun and went into the woods myself to hunt rabbits.

Then just north of electro I decide I'll find somewhere to get out of the rain while I take stock of my goods and cook up all my meat to get my blood back up. I see a building at an end of a dam and I think that'll be a good spot. Walking across the dam I find that someone had laid a wire trap down but it was at an awkward angle and I could walk around it. I approach the door open it to discover a zombie inside I shoot but he was already too close and takes a swing at me, knocking me to the ground and knocking me out, soon 3 more zombs were crawling over me and when I gained concious I was trapped between the door and the wire fence trying to shoot the zombs as I bled out...I died.

and all I can say is...****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Hi Cyan, thanks for the silenced MP5 and all the other goodies, should not have shot at us in apartments man! *evil laugh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Hi Cyan, thanks for the silenced MP5 and all the other goodies, should not have shot at us in apartments man! *evil laugh*

MP5 Silenced. lol we throw that sort of stuff away :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Well, Im sticking with my rusty AK. MP5 is for the fella Cyan shot in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How do I change ammo or combine it ? Have lots of different shotgun rounds but can't figure it out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

friendly note:

to the really nice person, who decided to follow me and 2 friends into the church, blow one friends head off, then run away bleeding with 5-6 zombies chasing you, continue to unload your gun at them, and then to return to the church, blow my head off while I was killing the horde of zombies you attracted to our location, and then die while shooting my final friend who was alive, but eventually bled out, I salute you.

friendly note:

to the really nice person, who decided to follow me and 2 friends into the church, blow one friends head off, then run away bleeding with 5-6 zombies chasing you, continue to unload your gun at them, and then to return to the church, blow my head off while I was killing the horde of zombies you attracted to our location, and then die while shooting my final friend who was alive, but eventually bled out, I salute you.

That should be the text on the back of the DayZ box. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2
    Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

The update will include some new functionality. Currently, it includes some leftover fixes from the end of 1.7.1

But I will be updating the progress here. 1.7.1.5 will remain all weekend, unless something serious happens.

This is the completed changelog so far:

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
    * [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
    * [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
    * [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
    * [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
    * [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
    * [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)

Dcully wrote: »
    How do I change ammo or combine it ? Have lots of different shotgun rounds but can't figure it out .
    If you have 4 two round clips of shotgun ammo in your inventory (not backpack), right click one and select combine into 1 8 round ammo

Same process for changing what type of gun the magnum ammo fits

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

friendly note:

Just a correction, I didn't die, was only having a lie down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Villain

There's a post on the cheater report forum regarding suggsy.

Can't view the video in work.

jaggeh wrote: »
    Villain

There's a post on the cheater report forum regarding suggsy.

Can't view the video in work.

Link

Who was that guy we smoked twice in Stary right before I killed Max?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

That was the suggsy guy from yesterday, knew something was up.

He stopped right after _vti went on rcon and asked him what he was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

I think Villain banned him last night anyways.

I was reluctant to do anything because that friendly fire message doesnt strictly mean somebody is doing anything sinister.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement