Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Little glitch I noticed with the binoculars. If you equip a handgun/flashlight. Switch to binos, the crouch you move at as fast as or faster than running.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I only banned him for a day, it will be extended now for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I shot him the other day, strange hes been on the server a while and fairly sure he has posted in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rabhimself86

Link

Who was that guy we smoked twice in Stary right before I killed Max?

Are you talking about Mojohead?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Using two instances of Mumble simultaneously.

I might give this a go over the weekend, could be a good way of playing with newer folk without getting murderised by those of us who are already inside the circle of trust.

I'm not entirely sure how the concept works, but I think it forbids Chinese people from joining and I'm against that kind of thing, so it'll need some modification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Somethings wrong with the server, or the main server.
    Seems lots of people are stuck on recieving character data.
    Haven't seen that in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You try any other servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The server restarted and that fixed it.
    I tried other servers whilst it was happening to the boards server and no problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea I restarted it, it hadn't been restarted in ages, need to get a script going to auto restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

jaggeh wrote: »
    Villain

There's a post on the cheater report forum regarding suggsy.

Can't view the video in work.

I noticed when i had the wrong version before, everytime i died, i'd just respawn where i had been 5 minutes previous. Died 3 times in Elektro and killed 2 people, i couldn't see any infected or have any sounds, but i could see other players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just downloading Operation Arrowhead now, should be online by Sunday:pac:.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

MLP6B.jpg

That was a good fight, 5 kills to two losses.

We were bringing a vehicle down to the factory to load up on parts when we spied the crashed chopper(red X), so i parked up under the tree overlooking the chopper and the factory (denoted by the blue rectangle)

2 of the guys went straight in and started clearing the area of Z's, i stayed with the vehicle and someone was AFK in the back. A third person went down a little closer.

The two lads at the chopper came under fire and one was dropped (nice ambush), the second casualty on our part returned fire and killed number 1 enemy before getting killed by number 3 enemy. The third lad took a heavy hit and barely survived ~3k blood and as he was heading back to the vehicle he spied number 2 enemy about to steal it.

Number 2 died there and we were able to loot his gear and patch up the injured soldier.

At this point we werent sure how many people were left on the other side when one of the other guys spotted number 3 enemy crawling down the hill, unfortunately he was out of range for him and i couldnt see him. Once i had him in sight i got the kill.

I moved the vehicle further up the hill in case there was another sneaky fecker. I gave overwatch from the deer stand when lo and behold number 2 back again (cheating fecker) we killed him fairly easily as he had no gear (enemy death number 4).

At this point we had killed enough to loot the field, as the two looters were returning to the vehicle they spotted number 5 running from zombies and slotted him.

We made it away with the vehicle and most of the dropped gear sans vehicle parts we actually came down for :P

Again a good fight except for cheaty mccheaterson.

jaggeh wrote: »

Again a good fight except for cheaty mccheaterson.

Starting to think this isnt a cheat, havent been online since wed but few lads in work saying they have respawned close to where they died. Maybe theres a way to force it but one lad was eaten Electro and respawned about 50 feet back from his dead spot and could see the zombies still eating his body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's happened to me on a few servers too, I keep respawning close to where I died.

Can't wait until the Z's sensitivity is fixed, I was crouch moving around the upstairs of a coffee shop and alerted some of them, cue an endless stream of them coming up the stairs after me.

I've respawned near my corpse before but only along the coast.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

nothing more pants sh*tting then finding good loot and then hearing bean bandits coming up the stairs sneering over the microphone "I'm gonna git you boy"

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    nothing more pants sh*tting then finding good loot and then hearing bean bandits coming up the stairs sneering over the microphone "I'm gonna git you boy"

rarely happens to me as i usually have a group of 4 or 5 around me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Hearing a madman run round outside saying "nononono" over and over come close however :D

rarely happens to me as i usually have a group of 4 or 5 around me

Pffft real survivors play alone, far more intense and rewarding when you take down a group :)
    Seriously though while playing in a group is fun its only fun to a point and its just not challenging at all really imo.
    Going solo doubles the tension and atmosphere,far more rewarding experience in my opinion :)

anyone hearing the mad firing of an ak near the southern airfield?

that would have been a very angry me at my string of bad luck that kept setting zombs off on me to the point that I was bleeding out with no bandages and a broken leg so I decided to go out putting bullets into every f*cker in the vicinity....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Found a fully working motorbike hidden in a tree north of the NW airfield, much later i got shot at while on the bike by some guys at a helicopter.

If it was the same guys then i heard their day didn't go so well after that ( or it was the boards lads shooting at me).

Bah motorbike is so mainstream.

I got me a peddle bike!

Finally got a character going that is almost self sufficent, I got all the tools to hunt and cook on me, a decent akm rifle with plenty of ammo and supplies. I parked in some wood near one of the cities (wont say which) and hopefully my bike will still be there when I go back :D

I love my bike, it took what looked to be another bad round for me and made it all turn out right.

I will say it can be frustrating where you spawn cause some places just have no decent stuff for low level players.

btw anyone else not finding compasses any more?

Only one I found in the last few games I pulled from a corpse. Hadnt seen a map in ages too until earlier tonight and now they are everywhere (along with watches.)

Would love to meet up with a crowd somewhere. But I'm happy to survive even if it is on my own then get minced in some turf war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Varik wrote: »
    Found a fully working motorbike hidden in a tree north of the NW airfield, much later i got shot at while on the bike by some guys at a helicopter.

If it was the same guys then i heard their day didn't go so well after that ( or it was the boards lads shooting at me).

Was wondering where my bike went :) two full jerry cans I had stowed on it too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6IiXlZUH9A

various shengagigans from the boards team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

who do you have to touch in a sexual way to know where the board camp is

bizmark wrote: »
    who do you have to touch in a sexual way to know where the board camp is

we dont have a camp, we keep moving around.

Pikeys the lot of us. we will steal the wheels out of your shed and the corrugated steel from your fence. how else will we keep our convoy rolling :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be more interested in finding out who i have to touch to get access to the other Mumble server. Was on for 2 hours last night with no one else in chat...gets bloody quiet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in finding out who i have to touch to get access to the other Mumble server. Was on for 2 hours last night with no one else in chat...gets bloody quiet.

€10 gets you access !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

What way do you people play this game?

In a team or on your own?
    Where do you scavenge? Normal houses have nothing, so zombie infested villages are pointless to visit.
    When you do get supplies, a weapon and ammo, what next? What's the task? Is there a point to killing zombies other than self defence?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ponster wrote: »
    €10 gets you access !

Ah, that remind me...

Done and done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement