Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

What way do you people play this game?

In a team or on your own?
    Where do you scavenge? Normal houses have nothing, so zombie infested villages are pointless to visit.
    When you do get supplies, a weapon and ammo, what next? What's the task? Is there a point to killing zombies other than self defence?

1. On my own mostly, I don't trust anyone and will just kill them for beans anyway.
    2. Go to either cherno or electro first, get supplys then head north. Or go to the deer stands, then head north.
    3. Some doorways of houses have some supplies but its not worth it imo. I go to barns or factorys as they are easy to go out of if spotted and usually have loot.
    4. I always end up in NW airfield but there is always bandits around.
    5. Survive!
    6. Only kill if needed. Still shooting every other player on sight as none have been friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6IiXlZUH9A

various shengagigans from the boards team.

head shakingly awesome LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

That was annoying lost a ton of blood before the server dropped logged back on was unconcious for god knows how long for some reason kept loseing audio so had to restart logged back in unconcious again i assume i had shock or something and was eatten by zombies horrah still 7 days was a good run

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

bizmark wrote: »
    That was annoying lost a ton of blood before the server dropped logged back on was unconcious for god knows how long for some reason kept loseing audio so had to restart logged back in unconcious again i assume i had shock or something and was eatten by zombies horrah still 7 days was a good run

That happened to me recently, kept getting the egg timer at each login, wasnt loosing blood and wasnt shaking...
    Timer would just come up for 5 mins, I ended up going to a remote location, respawning, then making a bee-line to my old body to get the gear back.

Needless to say, that character got killed a day later losing all my gear, then I had to experience the new "starting without a gun" way - which didnt go too well; made my way back to NE airfield, got some gear back then got run over by a quad - finished off with a makarov round in the head, next character got killed after respawning at the shore, next guy died from falling off a barn ledge, broken bones, bleeding out and zombies attacking me...

looks like alot of people are starting to squad up....[boards] v [romero's] for control of Chernarus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

bizmark wrote: »

this is new, i think its to prevent people server hopping, to heal themselves..
    it not a bad idea but it makes it that bit harder especially if you log out for a genuine reason and log back in surrounded by guys/zombies...

as for the new spawn, it makes the first few minutes really hard as now without a weapon you really have to be carefully not to attract any attention, and if you do you have to run and hide...really scary hiding waiting for them to pass...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Just bought Arma 2 on steam, soooo excited :D:D....The dev's of Day Z deserve a nice bonus, so many new people buying the game because of the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

jaggeh wrote: »

That was a good fight, 5 kills to two losses.

We were bringing a vehicle down to the factory to load up on parts when we spied the crashed chopper(red X), so i parked up under the tree overlooking the chopper and the factory (denoted by the blue rectangle)

2 of the guys went straight in and started clearing the area of Z's, i stayed with the vehicle and someone was AFK in the back. A third person went down a little closer.

The two lads at the chopper came under fire and one was dropped (nice ambush), the second casualty on our part returned fire and killed number 1 enemy before getting killed by number 3 enemy. The third lad took a heavy hit and barely survived ~3k blood and as he was heading back to the vehicle he spied number 2 enemy about to steal it.

Number 2 died there and we were able to loot his gear and patch up the injured soldier.

At this point we werent sure how many people were left on the other side when one of the other guys spotted number 3 enemy crawling down the hill, unfortunately he was out of range for him and i couldnt see him. Once i had him in sight i got the kill.

I moved the vehicle further up the hill in case there was another sneaky fecker. I gave overwatch from the deer stand when lo and behold number 2 back again (cheating fecker) we killed him fairly easily as he had no gear (enemy death number 4).

At this point we had killed enough to loot the field, as the two looters were returning to the vehicle they spotted number 5 running from zombies and slotted him.

We made it away with the vehicle and most of the dropped gear sans vehicle parts we actually came down for :P

Again a good fight except for cheaty mccheaterson.

My heart was exploding when I was trying to bandage myself up at 3000 blood hiding behind a stone wall for cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I think I just traded out with Kdjac :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I think I just traded out with Kdjac :(

I needed beans :(

Well you should have asked not fired :(

I was angry cause someone knicked my bike while I was offline and had been circling that hill for an hour looking for a possible camp as I saw a 4x4 drive by and you were shooting a lot so I was on edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i saw you run up the hill towards the barns, we were stalking you and your czech backpack. had just spotted another guy in camo going in before you so we thought you would off each other.

bag full of food and ammo = win :P

i saw you run up the hill towards the barns, we were stalking you and your czech backpack. had just spotted another guy in camo going in before you so we thought you would off each other.

:(

I lose my good run and respawn near cherno only to get into an axe fight with a bandit.

broke my leg and had to crawl all the way into the hospital to get morphine. Now I'm out in the wilderness trying to find a sheep or cow to gut so I can get my blood back up...since you cant seem to trust anyone any more.

On a side note, if you are not intending to be a beanbandit then you need to have a working mic so that you can confirm.

otherwise you end up like poor panda with an axe in your back because you wouldnt answer and was pointing a shotgun in my general direction (course he had no ammo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i second that, but i will say this, i was shot earlier by a sniper in cherno, i respawned by the lighthouse between electro and cherno, i had been there earlier so i knew there was a gun and ammo in a barn, went there got it, by the time i was back at where he shot me i see him making his way nice and slowly into the building opposite where he killed me, then i notice his friend looting my body, i chase the sniper walk behind him kill him, his fried hears the shot turns around to see me use his mates sniper rifle and kill him, so now i go from a half empty czech backpack to a full one after i relieve them of their goods, and i am back to 12k blood oh and was able to get back to my corpse and get everything i had earlier, so win win for me as i am healthy again and have aloud more ammo...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

eurofoxy wrote: »
    i second that, but i will say this, i was shot earlier by a sniper in cherno, i respawned by the lighthouse between electro and cherno, i had been there earlier so i knew there was a gun and ammo in a barn, went there got it, by the time i was back at where he shot me i see him making his way nice and slowly into the building opposite where he killed me, then i notice his friend looting my body, i chase the sniper walk behind him kill him, his fried hears the shot turns around to see me use his mates sniper rifle and kill him, so now i go from a half empty czech backpack to a full one after i relieve them of their goods, and i am back to 12k blood oh and was able to get back to my corpse and get everything i had earlier, so win win for me as i am healthy again and have aloud more ammo...

Love to hear stories like this,nothing worse than meeting a group of 3+ bandits so brave with their buddies and their shoot on sight policy.

I met a group of 3 one day last week, it was face to face scenario as i rounded a corner, nobody saw either party coming.
    I said over direct comms that i was friendly as i hadnt any form of a weapon lol.
    I was insta killed, luckily i repsawned not too far from them.
    I wanted revenge, so i crawled to where i heard them killing zombies, i rambled throuhg a shop and found a makarov and ammo.
    For a good 20 mins i crawled to get into position that i could maybe take one or two of them out.
    My patience was rewarded as i managed to kill all three with one clip :D
    I can tell you that felt good, i got a tonne of loot,only downside was i had decided to change to a female skin on respawn for a change but i couldnt equip the camo gear lol.

Nothing better than taking out the oh so brave groups of bandits.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭irishmadboy

I finally won my first firefight today, seeing as most other deaths from bandits consisted of me being shot from out of nowhere and being presented with the death screen.

I was heading north, a good bit in. I spotted a heli crash site and excitedly headed towards it. Just as I was about to head down the hill towards it I almost shat myself as a stalking bandit landed a bullet up my ass. Luckily I was on 12,000 blood so his 1 shot of an M4 didn't quite take me down.
    I had about 5,000 blood remaining and I had started bleeding from the shot.
    I immediately turned around and saw the bastard crouching in a wide open hill.

I ran straight to a bush so that he could not see me and quickly bandaged myself. Thanks to 3rd person I was able to see around the bush and watch him aim towards me. He took a few shots at the bush and managed to hit me again, I started bleeding again.

I was out of bandages, had a winchester with 15 shots left and new I would end up dead if I stuck around the bush. As a last resort I sprinted around the bush and out in the open towards him. He was a good bit away so I tried strafing my way to a better shot. After panicking the **** out of myself that I was going to pass out from sprinting with this low amount of blood or end up getting shot, I decided to take aim with one last bit of hope with my trusty winchester and aimed straight for his upper body. Landing one shot on him he quickly fell to the ground. He must have had low blood.

I sprinted over and pumped him full of my winchester just to be sure he was gone forever and his beans were mine. I managed not to attract any of the Zombies near the crashed heli and began looting his ALICE pack, M4A1 and Silenced M9.

And there you go, my first experience of a bandit kill. :D:D:D

I got an infection :(

dont know how I got it.

anyone got antibiotics?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I got an infection :(

dont know how I got it.

anyone got antibiotics?

hardest thing ti find in the game, i have never actually seen them.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    hardest thing ti find in the game, i have never actually seen them.
    I found two on a bandit and only kept one, didn't know how rare they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kerryairsofter

Ys there noone in the mumble ?
    This is runndgun by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Look in the private dayz group,jaggeh's post;)

• Advertisement

All the board bandits hide away on a different server and feed on our beans from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Is it possible for me to collect my body after a Server restart, or does it just disappear?

I managed to get stuck in some plants when I was trying to escape from some pursing zombies and was quickly mauled to death. They typical DayZ death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

is the server acting up on anyone else? myself and 2 mates cant connect. and when we do, we lag like bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

no one on mumble atm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

is the server acting up on anyone else? myself and 2 mates cant connect. and when we do, we lag like bitches.

It's acting up for me as well.

I tried reconnecting but the ping is far too high - nearly 700. I was hoping to log back in and reclaim my body, but I'm guessing that idea's out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I finally got around to taking the DayZ plunge the other day.

It is without a doubt one of the strangest most fruststrating gaming experiences.

But even after dying 20ish times, lasting maybe 5-10 mins a life, I still kept going back.

It is seriously compelling.

I think I am starting to get the hang of it, Finally got some medical supplies and a crossbow, albeit with no ammo at the min.

Looking forward to dropping back in during the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Keep playing with it, you'll get better and last longer where you'll be a hell of alot more careful going around the place in fear of losing your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Yeah, That's the plan, If I can get the heck out of Elektro without dying. I'll be happy, then I am gonna explore more inland. But I have def learned to be more paranoid. Gotten murdered a few times already :p Oh and once used as a decoy so another random player could get away from some zeds :/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Why doe's server have a password ! are they testing ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Smiley_ie wrote: »
    Why doe's server have a password !

Banned!!

Seriously though, the servers are a but ****ed right now. Villian is just trying to get it working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement