Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smiley_ie

Kiith wrote: »
    Banned!!

Seriously though, the servers are a but ****ed right now. Villian is just trying to get it working.

ok cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

is anybody else getting the losing gear bug?

Logged off yday with a m16a4 acog and a m4a3 cco in my alice pack, came back on today only for my m4a3 to be gone out of my bag.

Earlier, got killed at the NWA, bee-lined my way back up and got my m16a4 and took the bandits m4a3, tried to swap them out in my inventory only for the m16a4 to disappear...lost all the stanag mags too, so made my way back up to NWA, found a mp5sd6 on a body, took it and killed a bandit with a m107...he had a stanag mag on him, so tried to swap out the m107 for the m4a1, only for the m107 to disappear too...
    got really frustrated with it and alt+f4'd out, hoping it didnt save...

logged back on to see him holding a m1911, with the m4a1 as primary...was raging, jus happened to look down by mistake to notice a black square on the ground, m107! looked around a bit more and managed to find 2 mags and the stanag mag...

came across 2 heli crash sites with 3 m107's, 3 FN FAL's and 3 Bizon SD's...not much else apart from some painkillers and heatpacks...

The FN FAL is a very good rifle, even tho it has just the ironsights, it is very very accurate. As for the Bizon, nowt wrong with 64round per clip on full auto...

P.S, Anyone seen any tents as loot since the update? Seems like there very rare now...

P.P.S, Anybody seen the Yellow Volkswagen hatchback driving about? Id like it back please lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

P.P.S, Anybody seen the Yellow Volkswagen hatchback driving about? Id like it back please lol...

If it was only wanting for two rear wheels when you found it, then it was mine first, for the whole week, I repaired that from nothing, glass, engine parts, two front wheels and a fill of fuel... only left it alone for a day while I searched for other wheels!

I was so angry to find it gone, I *walked* to where it was left!

Destiny brought me straight to it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Beleive we have it along with one or 2 other vehicles :D

master server is ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

ah, just tried to login to see if the pimp mobile was where I left it!

• Advertisement

Master server is being DDOS`d server locked, unlocking but tbh no point joining it.

game is desynced to fcuk.

There no reason to do this, we have an ATV close by and were fixing it when this lad spawned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Lucutus wrote: »
    If it was only wanting for two rear wheels when you found it, then it was mine first, for the whole week, I repaired that from nothing, glass, engine parts, two front wheels and a fill of fuel... only left it alone for a day while I searched for other wheels!

I was so angry to find it gone, I *walked* to where it was left!

Destiny brought me straight to it.

:D

I think i put a jerry can of fuel in it, just after the vehicles where reset, so I claim ownership lol...;)

It was parked up where I left it due to being shot at coming back down from Grozovy Pass...me and my Lee Enfield went back up on foot to track down the people who shot out the back window and tires. Eventually found a group of them at the sawmill, one decided to frag me, only for it to bounce off a rock and blow up in his face, 2 others felt the fury of the almighty slow reload of the Lee...loot'd one guy to get the m16a4 and went to move back to the car when I spotted the 4th member of the group coming up to my right, flicked on the burst mode, waited for him to stop and scan to his 12, unleashed the index finger on the mouse button, fountains of red flowing from his corspe...

whoever has the Yellow VW now, enjoy driving more than 5km before having to refuel...Lopatino to the top of Grozovy Pass took 1/3 of a tank, and that was without using the turbo...Old Bike FTW...

whoever has the Yellow VW now, enjoy driving more than 5km before having to refuel...Lopatino to the top of Grozovy Pass took 1/3 of a tank, and that was without using the turbo...Old Bike FTW...

we have infinite fuel for that, the ural, 3 atvs, hi lux, 2 UAZs and the off roader and 2 bikes i think?

Oh and 4 boats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Whoot!

It took most of the evening but I found some antibiotics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got my first proper run at it this morning, game gives me the chills but in a good way. This starting without a gun makes it even better. I had to go near a few houses to try and rustle up a few bits try locate a gun but soon found myself in a shed with the doors locked scared to look out :D

Stayed in there for a good 5 mins then said id try and make a run for it, opened the door only 1 zombie and he was looking my way but he didn't see me yet. Threw a bottle behind him and when he turned i ran for a bigger shed which i quickly locked and stayed inside for another 5 mins scarred to look out again.

I crept out the far end of that shed and tried to make my way out of town but just as i turned around the last wall out of town i bumped right into a zombie scared the crap out of me I panicked and ran towards a house hoping it would open pretty soon I got there with around 6 zombies after me only to find out it was all locked up. I ran around the back where another player was hiding with an axe, I stopped dead, he didn't move. I turned and ran I looked back as the zombies rounded the house and attacked him. Last i saw he was getting eaten. Not sure if you can use that axe but I couldn't figure it out.

Ran all the way back to my original shed and slammed the door i'm staying in this shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Got my first proper run at it this morning, game gives me the chills but in a good way. This starting without a gun makes it even better. I had to go near a few houses to try and rustle up a few bits try locate a gun but soon found myself in a shed with the doors locked scared to look out :D

Stayed in there for a good 5 mins then said id try and make a run for it, opened the door only 1 zombie and he was looking my way but he didn't see me yet. Threw a bottle behind him and when he turned i ran for a bigger shed which i quickly locked and stayed inside for another 5 mins scarred to look out again.

I crept out the far end of that shed and tried to make my way out of town but just as i turned around the last wall out of town i bumped right into a zombie scared the crap out of me I panicked and ran towards a house hoping it would open pretty soon I got there with around 6 zombies after me only to find out it was all locked up. I ran around the back where another player was hiding with an axe, I stopped dead, he didn't move. I turned and ran I looked back as the zombies rounded the house and attacked him. Last i saw he was getting eaten. Not sure if you can use that axe but I couldn't figure it out.

Ran all the way back to my original shed and slammed the door i'm staying in this shed.

wait until you find some lovely gear, explore the island, get use to dealing with groups of zombies, run across a field which looks deserted, and then BOOM! some sniper sitting in a random tree line takes you out from afar and all you can do is sit back, stroke your head and say "but but but..... NOOOOOOOO"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Server is back online and open now, the Master Server had issues last night so and was causing all sorts of issues if you could connect so I locked the boards server.

As I have said in the past the only reason the server is ever locked or password protected is for testing or to limit the number online if there is issues. There is nothing more annoying than having issues with the server and then having people asking why its locked or password protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Driving my ATV, turned on it's side but then the server went donw and it was ok when I got back in, so extra careful time. creeping up to a bridge, just as the back wheels mke it on they kick up and I'm driving on my front wheels for a sec, everythign comes back under control and I tap the W key, then it's like I picked up Bouncey Bouncy from Carmageddon and the ATv is hopping all over the place. Ending up on it's side.

Join the server to find my vehicle gone but I still had all my gear. I had 12k blood a zombie literally hit me once and broke my leg. I have no morphine and am far north. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Join the server to find my vehicle gone but I still had all my gear. I had 12k blood a zombie literally hit me once and broke my leg. I have no morphine and am far north. :(

If you can find an army medical tent then there is an option to heal from it. I had a broken leg yesterday but used it and it fixed me up, though the broken bone symbol was still there.

If you can find an army medical tent then there is an option to heal from it. I had a broken leg yesterday but used it and it fixed me up, though the broken bone symbol was still there.

I;m so far away though :( , so annoying because I am fully geared. Might just respawn unless a few of the people I play with get a vehicle soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got into a scrap with some zombies but managed to jump into the sea and swim to safety but got a broken leg in the process. Crawled for 10 mins towards a small hut in the distance in the hope there would be something inside. Finally got there looked in the window and my heart sank bloody zombie inside the hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Why is it the vehicles getting seem to be getting reset so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

came across 2 heli crash sites with 3 m107's, 3 FN FAL's and 3 Bizon SD's...not much else apart from some painkillers and heatpacks...

The FN FAL is a very good rifle, even tho it has just the ironsights, it is very very accurate. .

on a run with some friends we saw a downed heli my mate picked up the FN FAL with night sight as it was dark he switched to it from a normal FN FAL he loved it till the sun came up and couldnt switch the night sight off :P

• Advertisement

TheFairy wrote: »
    Why is it the vehicles getting seem to be getting reset so often?

Hasnt been a reset in a while, they are respawning very quicly after death.

With the way some of the boards lad are driving i would check the known spawn spots regularly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Guys anyone else getting problems with the chat? I cant seem to talk to anyone when im in the server and no one seems to be talking. Is there a reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Guys anyone else getting problems with the chat? I cant seem to talk to anyone when im in the server and no one seems to be talking. Is there a reason for this?

global/side chat is disabled in dayz now.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

jaggeh wrote: »
    global/side chat is disabled in dayz now.

Game has been getting a lot less fun for me sadly, especially not starting with a weapon

Anyone on here in that firefight at the airfield beside Lopatino? I got one of you but your buddy got me and now has all my gear :( . 50 cal sniper, med supplies, food, all the basic stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yussbear

Hey yez, just started playing. I am in love with the game, but none of my mates will buy it.. so anywan wanna team up? My steam is Diolmhain, add me :D

Infact that was on a different server lol , so mad I loved my 50 cal. The ultimate beanz hunter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Hey guys, only been playing a few days. Is group chat global? And how much of a radius does Direct Communication have?

EDIT: Also we can repair heli's? Found a main rotary parts but figured the 6 inventory spaces needed food and ammo more...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

group chat is only for the menus and stuff (i think), its not global anyway. only form of communication is direct which has a radius of about 80 meters, you might need to shout at that distance though :D and as far as im aware i don't think the boards server has helicoters on it so yeah, theres no point to that yet, only a limited number of servers have helicopters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I usually don't give people the benefit of the doubt (Tip: you shouldn't!) but I had low health and next to no gear. Ah well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement