Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Where can I get the server details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Press I in game

Press I in game
    I mean to connect to your server

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dazza wrote: »
    I mean to connect to your server

change the filter name to "boards".

theres 2 one is running Evo, other is running dayz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

You just need to type "boards" in the game filter and its the only one that will be displayed.

• Advertisement

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

How do you use freelook with a bicycle? The camera's locked and it's fairly frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Hold left ALT.

Thanks for your Beanz and Tractor BBC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Hold left ALT.

Thanks for your Beanz and Tractor BBC :)

Ha, no probs.

Was planning a zed slaughtering tractor rampage around that heli site. Realised prob 50 metres out i was in trouble but felt I was committed to my tractor deathcharge.

That Bizon SD is ballerific. enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I thought this was brilliant.
    Note: I won't hesitate to do this now that I know it works :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1145-xJIsg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I thought this was brilliant.
    Note: I won't hesitate to do this now that I know it works :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1145-xJIsg

Did the other day whilst waiting for a pickup, should have fraps it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Baz5789

Hi, I just downloaded the game and am installing the DayZ mod. Going to go buy my mic tomorrow.

If anyone wants to play with me (in-game) my steam is baz5789 :)

It's scary at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

It's scary at night!

not really, ive played loads of zombies, know the wholel A2 map off by heart and really...

run & gun. Its the only way to Ever stay alive in arma... regardless of what yer doin !

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

I've spawned miles off the map, i still have all my gear when i logged off i wasn't near the edge of the map, ive tried running back but it seems pointless

someone said the server admin can sort this for me? without killing me of course :rolleyes:

ABE wrote: »
    I've spawned miles off the map, i still have all my gear when i logged off i wasn't near the edge of the map, ive tried running back but it seems pointless

someone said the server admin can sort this for me? without killing me of course :rolleyes:

Nothing the server admins can do.
    Its happened to all of us, you can either run east for a long time, or kill yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dammit. any time i abort to do something, i return to game and i suddenly drop to the ground with the hourglass...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Nothing the server admins can do.
    Its happened to all of us, you can either run east for a long time, or kill yourself.

IIRC you'll die of starvation/thirst before you reach the map proper. The new debug place was set 30km to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

dammit. any time i abort to do something, i return to game and i suddenly drop to the ground with the hourglass...

You have low blood, are bleeding or in shock?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

Nichololas wrote: »
    IIRC you'll die of starvation/thirst before you reach the map proper. The new debug place was set 30km to the west.

ive a few tins of beans left and one drink so i might be getting close as i ran east for over an hour last nite with coins holding down the W key :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

You have low blood, are bleeding or in shock?

no, 100% blood, no shock etc. seems to have stopped now.

Pretty entertaining day yesterday on the server. Logged in with my buddy who got really unlucky with a zombie pull and broke a leg (Zombie detection is all over the place!).

He had given me his last morphine after an accident on a ladder so I offered to get to one of the towns and try to get Morphine (we were pretty far north at the time).

I head to Cherno, manage to get morphine and then get into a fight with two pistol wielding survivors. I get onto a roof and shoot one but both log out. I got out of there fast and was almost out of cherno when I got gunned down by an unknown assailant. I wasn't finished off, just left to bleed out which took 3/4 agonizing unconscious minutes!

So that 2 week old character died, and my next one spawned into an absolute warzone in Elektro.

I got a pistol in the church, but had to murder 5 people before I made it out alive (my 2 week old character had 0 murders). At one stage I was in a large municipal / residential building and there was ongoing gunfire and deaths for probably around 10 minutes outside - terrific stuff.

The last person I killed got nailed right in the back at close range with my 1911 and gave me an AKM, some food and... MORPHINE!

I get all the way back up to near Zelenogorsk and my mate is still hidden in a barn with two player kills during the hour and a half I was gone.

He almost got emotional on TS!

I really miss my compass.

I really don't think zombie detection is bad at the moment.
    I was able to sneak through two towns fine without being detected, if anything its a lot easier than it was before 1.7.1

I really don't think zombie detection is bad at the moment.
    I was able to sneak through two towns fine without being detected, if anything its a lot easier than it was before 1.7.1

Well a Zombie ran clear across a field at us earlier. I'm not saying it's bad (bugs aside) but it's different and I'm still getting used to that. You can crouch when you used to have to crawl but there are times when you now need to stay stationary and prone where you used to be able to at least crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I get onto a roof and shoot one but both log out.
    This is lame and a bannable offense, you hardly got their names?

Great story though :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Run east 2km and you should be sorted, happened me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

ive a few tins of beans left and one drink so i might be getting close as i ran east for over an hour last nite with coins holding down the W key :D

Coins eh? I use a credit card wedged above the w :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think Zombie detection is pretty much spot on now. If you take your time and prone/crawl, you can get right past them without being spotted. However you do get spotted from a good distance away while running.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Nichololas wrote: »
    Coins eh? I use a credit card wedged above the w :-)

Nice to see Im not the only person doing this lol...

I find a 2cent coin inserted just between 2 and 3 above the w works perfect lol

Really hope I dont spawn in wilderness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

The 2 cent coins work well but not so well when you get stuck on your phone and you find you've been running into a tree for 10 minutes suicide-santa.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement