Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I'm finding the detection to be a bit wonky sometimes. Have gotten through two villages undetected only to have a zombie on the other side of the house spot me while prone. Still an alpha so ya gotta expect some random bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

I use an old shotgun shell.. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I use an old shotgun shell.. haha
    I hop in a Vehicle :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Villain wrote: »
    I hop in a Vehicle :D

Unless Jaggeh is driving. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

DayZ =

funny-gifs-steven-seagals-epic-run.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Anyone around electro to give me some blood i have the bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Anyone around electro to give me some blood i have the bags?

Just logged back in after a weekend working nights, all excited to get out of Elektro with my medical supplies.

Would have given you some blood, except for the felching bandit that got me 2 mins after I logged in. lol.

Must have had a bead on me as soon as I logged in.

Ah well the quest to survive for more that 5 mins continues. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Hey papa I can help ya if you want. on the docks near electro. add me on steam: Jebus0892

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Woohoo, just made my first successful trip through Cherno! :D

Got some supplies, accidently fired my gun, attracted some Z's, got away unscathed. Awesome!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Roorah wrote: »
    Hey papa I can help ya if you want. on the docks near electro. add me on steam: Jebus0892

cant find you on steam, anyone about atm?
    Im jesusjim on steam

I've pulled a Shane to two people tonight. I feel dirty but the zombie train was just far too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ok I've spent the last hour trying to play this game and I'm starting to wonder is it worth the effort. I had to buy, download and install the operation arrowhead expansion. Then I go to the dayz mod website and try to download that but I have to get some other piece of software that will install the mod for me. So I download and install that. Then I had to copy some files between the arma 2 and operation arrowhead folders and now im finally trying to install the mod but I keep getting an error message saying "wrong cd key" and I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to get around this problem. They really aren't making this easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ok I've spent the last hour trying to play this game and I'm starting to wonder is it worth the effort. I had to buy, download and install the operation arrowhead expansion. Then I go to the dayz mod website and try to download that but I have to get some other piece of software that will install the mod for me. So I download and install that. Then I had to copy some files between the arma 2 and operation arrowhead folders and now im finally trying to install the mod but I keep getting an error message saying "wrong cd key" and I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to get around this problem. They really aren't making this easy.

Did you buy a hard-copy of the game, or did you get it off Steam?

I got the free version of Arma 2 on steam ages ago and I bought Operation Arrowhead on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I got the free version of Arma 2 on steam ages ago and I bought Operation Arrowhead on steam.

Use the launcher of armaholic.
    Its far easier than launching through steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know why i can't find the boards server ?

I put Boards in the filter but nothing comes up :mad:

I'm not sure if it's an intended feature, or considered griefing - but the barracks and hangers in Balota have been completely blocked with wire.

Wasn't able to loot a thing having run there.

I've seen it before at the military base north of Elektro so not sure whether this is working as intended.

Pretty damn annoying though.

I'm not sure if it's an intended feature, or considered griefing - but the barracks and hangers in Balota have been completely blocked with wire.

Wasn't able to loot a thing having run there.

I've seen it before at the military base north of Elektro so not sure whether this is working as intended.

Pretty damn annoying though.

Yeah, it's pretty damn annoying.

Not only have they covered off Balota, but they've also blocked off random residential houses. Just there today I died trying to hop over a wire fence blocking off a small house in some random village.

I think people are struggling to find a purpose for the Wire Fence tool.

blobby360 wrote: »
    Anyone know why i can't find the boards server ?

I put Boards in the filter but nothing comes up :mad:

Check your other filter settings, something might be limiting your search results.

You should only get two results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

very tempted to get this, the free arma2 and buy addon on steam seams to be the way as far as I can see. Any tips or the likes, I assume I will die alot starting off?

just have a zombie game urge, and I loved stalker, and l4d and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Get someone to sort it via Remote Desktop for you, way easier and you learn as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The wire fence thing can be really annoying. I've been on some servers today where admins were banning people who blocked off buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

id buy the full arma2 combined ops, because with the free version the textures are very blurry/low res...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Does anyone get annoyed when you have someone in your sights from 10 yards away and you shoot the guy 5-6 times and because of your high ping it doesn't register ............

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

blobby360 wrote: »
    Does anyone get annoyed when you have someone in your sights from 10 yards away and you shoot the guy 5-6 times and because of your high ping it doesn't register ............

Yeah, theres a fair amount of desync at the minute, but not half as bad as it was a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wire fence can be removed with a tool box.

I thought we were supposed to spawn with guns???? I played on the boards server there and tbh I don't think game is that great. You start with nothing useful and I spent about an hour searching all these houses for a gun but all i found was ammo and f*cking empty cans. Im on the edge of a massive city infested with zombies and i crawl around trying to be a quiet as possible so they dont notice me. Eventually one saw me so i ran into a large house where i got killed by about 10 zombies and there absolutely nothing I could do to defend myself. I had found an axe in a barn beforehand but that can't be used as a weapon.... WHY NOT????? I didn't see one other survivor either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I thought we were supposed to spawn with guns???? I played on the boards server there and tbh I don't think game is that great. You start with nothing useful and I spent about an hour searching all these houses for a gun but all i found was ammo and f*cking empty cans. Im on the edge of a massive city infested with zombies and i crawl around trying to be a quiet as possible so they dont notice me. Eventually one saw me so i ran into a large house where i got killed by about 10 zombies and there absolutely nothing I could do to defend myself. I had found an axe in a barn beforehand but that can't be used as a weapon.... WHY NOT????? I didn't see one other survivor either.

Thats sort of the point of the mod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You can use axes as weapons

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement