Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I was playing on a diff server last night and was in electro at night having a look around. Night time raiding is so much easier to avoid zombies. But i walked into one and broke my leg.

Was crawling around for a few minutes when I saw another survivor crawling round. I shouted friendly and then we started talking, she used her last morphine auto injector and a blood bag on me and gave me a pistol. We did a bit more raiding in the houses but then I started lagging. My character dropped a flare at his feet and decided to start running into a wall. She stayed by until the zombies got the better of her. I survived but she sacrificed herself to save me.

Looks like theirs still some good people out there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Anyone close to Electro? I'm in the hospital and really need a transfusion.

Ponster wrote: »

Give me ten minutes I can be there ponstar?

Roorah wrote: »
    Give me ten minutes I can be there ponstar?

Excellent !

Boards server? I'll be waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Excellent !

He will probably shoot you in the head and take all your stuff :D

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    He will probably shoot you in the head and take all your stuff :D

My stuff = a compass and some matches. I could respawn but I just hate dieing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zombies can swim :D I tried to swim out to sea to escape one, I could no longer hear him chasing me so i turned around and there he was giving it the old Michelle De Bruin after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Zombies can swim :D I tried to swim out to sea to escape one, I could no longer hear him chasing me so i turned around and there he was giving it the old Michelle De Bruin after me.

They can climb ladders too. Probably a good idea to stay away from the sea though!

Excellent !

still need me? in hospital now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    the guys in the heli are only being ass-holes tbh. most people in cherno are there to gear up with semi- low quality stuff and are relatively new to the game.
    killing them serves no purpose than "I killed more than you so that makes me cool"

Helicopter on boards?

They're not spawning in this patch

soz was replying to the dude talking about them above. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Zombies have started coming through shut doors again i thought that was fixed.

I had a worse experience, I spent ages crawling through a city only to find one the crawlers coming through a wall so I had no way to avoid it, ended up running for like 20 mins to escape the hoarde, no sooner did I lose one group, another would take up the chase.

Just died in Electro looking for the hospital to help Ponster :( Though I did find out the axe is fairly handy, if I wasn't bleeding out before I armed it or had an bandages left (used my only one after faling off a ladder :mad: ) I would have survived handily, killed 6 Zombies before the bloodloss got me.

What is barbed wire blocking areas? Sometimes I can step over it, others you can't, doesn't seem to stop zombies though??? They really need to make more houses and buildings open, I can understand fleshing out the city but I have been to small towns with about ten buildings in it, with only 1 shed with a couple of empty tin cans in it, waste of time exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They can climb ladders too. Probably a good idea to stay away from the sea though!

I had literally spawned 20 seconds earlier right next to the sea. Started walking and he spotted me straight away i had a choice to run left into 6 more zombies or go right out to sea. Neither worked :D

still need me? in hospital now

Nevermind, Someone killed me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Aar0n wrote: »
    We now have two tractors, Lucutus and FuzzyDunlop might remember something about that.... I believe you're hanging about with a filthy disconnector, but that's just what my friend said. What's up with that base location? I have a few theories about that, it's got to be a temporary base and you pack everything up at night right? or its all the stuff looted from your kills at the AF from one day. I reckon it's all one big trap.

Hi Aaron and welcome.

Yes indeed, I was the first player one in the ghillie suit, had the jump on one of you, and called out on our comms to be sure, got a "yes, that's me back" and turned away, only to be shot in the back. We need to work on our comms, in future I will shoot first and ask questions later!

You are correct about that location, it is a storage area / trap. Players settle into checking tents FULL of loot for long enough to get a decent shot at! Feel free to visit us again and check what's in the tents tonight, 21:30 or so is good!

o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I was playing on a diff server last night and was in electro at night having a look around. Night time raiding is so much easier to avoid zombies. But i walked into one and broke my leg.

Was crawling around for a few minutes when I saw another survivor crawling round. I shouted friendly and then we started talking, she used her last morphine auto injector and a blood bag on me and gave me a pistol. We did a bit more raiding in the houses but then I started lagging. My character dropped a flare at his feet and decided to start running into a wall. She stayed by until the zombies got the better of her. I survived but she sacrificed herself to save me.

Looks like theirs still some good people out there.

Dayz Tragic Love Story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

does anyone know the story with spawn rates in the game?

like, if i loot a building, take a few items, how long do i need to wait for new items to spawn there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Think I got you covered there. Not much loot in elektro it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

does anyone know the story with spawn rates in the game?

like, if i loot a building, take a few items, how long do i need to wait for new items to spawn there?

About 5 minutes, but you have to take everything out of the building.

if you ever go tru Stary and see piles of weapons, ammo, food and tin cans.

it means we were there and took what we needed.

Can you get onto the second floor in a firestation or is it just the tower and the large ground floor room?

Can you get onto the second floor in a firestation or is it just the tower and the large ground floor room?

Usually a ladder at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is it possible to ring the church bells or is it just random when they start going off?

Spawned at Prigorodky and made my way west to Chernogorsk and came across 2 tents beside a pond, I procedeed to check them, even though I thought it was a trap, they were empty :( There is fire buring in large abandoned building, could someone have just lit it or do fires last hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Has anyone encountered the backpack bug where u can't pick it up off the ground?

I found an Alice pack and only got the option to open pack.
    I relogged in and tried drop my pack and the couldn't pick either up.

So.now I've no back pack. :mad:
    Also anyone use the front pack (I think its called)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

can't wait to get back playing later. It'l be a successful night if I even manage to find a weapon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

jackoire wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered the backpack bug where u can't pick it up off the ground?

I found an Alice pack and only got the option to open pack.
    I relogged in and tried drop my pack and the couldn't pick either up.

So.now I've no back pack. :mad:
    Also anyone use the front pack (I think its called)

If a backpack is in a pile of loot, you can't pick it up until everything else in the pile is gone. move them to a different spot on the floor, or put them in the bag you are about to drop.

ARGGGHH I just survived a chase through half the city by about 12 Zombies and hid in a building and went up the tower to the top floor, I was about to talk to my first boardsie, think his name was Arthur (we were both unarmed) when we came under fire, I tried to go back down the stairs prone but the character stood up for some unknown reason and I died. I hate bandits!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FrostyJack wrote: »
    ARGGGHH I just survived a chase through half the city by about 12 Zombies and hid in a building and went up the tower to the top floor, I was about to talk to my first boardsie, think his name was Arthur (we were both unarmed) when we came under fire, I tried to go back down the stairs prone but the character stood up for some unknown reason and I died. I hate bandits!!!!

Stairs...the silent killers!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136406-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-94103
    [94049] New: terrainIntersectASL command
    [94049] Fixed: terrainIntersect reverted to ATL
    [94002] Fixed: PlayerId changed for users using Reinforcements or Arma X Anniversary edition to prevent PlayerId conflicts.
    [94001] Fixed: "enableItemsDropping = 0;" now even for MP clients
    [94001] New: moonIntensity command
    [94001] New: sunOrMoon command
    [93989] Changed: When dropping weapon unrelated magazine will not be dropped

BattlEye support: supported, enjoy!

Dont update until its on our server if you play on the boards server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

dreamers75 wrote: »
    [93989] Changed: When dropping weapon unrelated magazine will not be dropped

About bloody time. Really annoying when that happens.

• Advertisement

Trapped on a crane at west Elektrozavodsk, right at the dock, 6 zombies below and only have an axe, anyone want to assist?

Edit:

That was not the assistance I was looking for! Why would somebody shoot me with no loot and trapped on a crane? Clowns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement