Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I propose we come up with names for the stories posted here.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Trapped on a crane at west Elektrozavodsk, right at the dock, 6 zombies below and only have an axe, anyone want to assist?

Edit:

That was not the assistance I was looking for! Why would somebody shoot me with no loot and trapped on a crane? Clowns.

DayZ: Murder most high

Trapped on a crane at west Elektrozavodsk, right at the dock, 6 zombies below and only have an axe, anyone want to assist?

Edit:

That was not the assistance I was looking for! Why would somebody shoot me with no loot and trapped on a crane? Clowns.

To answer; because it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

To answer; because it's fun.

Play Call of Duty or Battlefield then, no challenge or fun shooting someone for no reason, if I had stuff then sure go for it or if I was a threat. Worst thing was I just stood up to come down the ladder to face the Z's and see if my hatchet skills were up to it. Really annoying.

Play Call of Duty or Battlefield then, no challenge or fun shooting someone for no reason, if I had stuff then sure go for it or if I was a threat. Worst thing was I just stood up to come down the ladder to face the Z's and see if my hatchet skills were up to it. Really annoying.

But you can't shoot unarmed defenseless people in either of those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

no challenge or fun shooting someone for no reason

Yes there is.

• Advertisement

But you can't shoot unarmed defenseless people in either of those games.

Yes you can, well if you are as good as I am, they may as well be unarmed :D

Yes you can, well if you are as good as I am, they may as well be unarmed :D
    Said the guy who got chased up a crane by zombies. :pac:

Ah, but a death in CoD or BF is just a number and a 3 second wait. When you kill in DayZ, you know you've pissed them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I finally find the Boards server but it won't let me in :(

I keep clicking on it but nothing happens..... All i can see is a red X in the top left corner.

And help ?
    I have a Aks with cobra sight maybe one of you guys might kill me and get it ;)

blobby360 wrote: »

I keep clicking on it but nothing happens..... All i can see is a red X in the top left corner.

And help ?

We use AK's to fill holes in the camp :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

And help ?

you need to have the same exe version as the server, its running beta 93965

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

We use AK's to fill holes in the camp :p

Any chance you could point me to those holes ?

I'm running low on ammo :cool:

Any chance you could point me to those holes ?

I'm running low on ammo :cool:

South-East of
    yore ma. What I'm getting at is; no, I can't tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

Big win with the new infected targeting methods!

Now I am tweaking values. They will now have the CHANCE to detect you from much further away visually, but this rises and falls based exponentially on how close you are versus how visible you are. So if you are visible at 120m, and at 110m, you have a very low (but still possible) chance that you will be spotted. The longer you stay there the greater the chance of being spotted.

I kind of like that. Its going to make it harder for people doing overwatch.

Said the guy who got chased up a crane by zombies. :pac:

I only went up to stop the bleeding. I am an artist with a gun, if I had of had one, I would have being painting only using the colour red :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

I only went up to stop the bleeding. I am an artist with a gun, if I had of had one, I would have being painting only using the colour red :D

probably get better results using a brush tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Think im gonna buy it and download tonight. Whats the boards server like? You guys all stick together or act complete bastards to each other? :P

Edit: Downloading now, my steam user name is ktulu123

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Think im gonna buy it and download tonight. Whats the boards server like? You guys all stick together or act complete bastards to each other? :P

Edit: Downloading now, my steam user name is ktulu123

No C4 (Sachel Charges) in the mod... yet. So you may be disappointed.
    But we mostly work together and we mostly dont be complete dicks to eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Aar0n

Lucutus wrote: »
    Hi Aaron and welcome.

Yes indeed, I was the first player one in the ghillie suit, had the jump on one of you, and called out on our comms to be sure, got a "yes, that's me back" and turned away, only to be shot in the back. We need to work on our comms, in future I will shoot first and ask questions later!

You are correct about that location, it is a storage area / trap. Players settle into checking tents FULL of loot for long enough to get a decent shot at! Feel free to visit us again and check what's in the tents tonight, 21:30 or so is good!

o/

Lol, talking about working on comms, just before we went in I nearly killed my friend because he wasn't where I thought he was, you may have heard that m14 being shot a couple mins prior. I already killed him once in Elektro.

Keep an eye out for those tractors roaming about, I expect to be treated very brutally.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

No C4 (Sachel Charges) in the mod... yet. So you may be disappointed.
    But we mostly work together and we mostly dont be complete dicks to eachother.

Damn!! It will be a change for me so. How can I join you when I get on then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Any new players wanna team up? I'm finding it a little boring on my own especially when I have zero supplies and weapons.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

There appears to be a gillie suited bandit stalking electro. Careful around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sucr

Got mangled coming down a stairs in the airfield north of stary, anyone feel like bringing me some morphine? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Edit:

Haha,that was james lol

I give up, spent ages collecting supplies, did not find one gun, was with 2 armed guys, who just vanished. Then some guy was shooting at a load of zombies, I had about 5 bandages, pain killers and an injector, when I went to bring it to him incase he needed it, then someone shot me from across the street. Without a gun or a group, the novelty wears off quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

wow they really turned this into an awful starting experience no guns no food no medical very little if any to find absolutely useless meele zombies still spawning through walls and hearing you from half the map away no way to defend yourself bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

Its not hard once you get used to it, the last 3 times ive died ive been fine, managed to get everything i need and got the hell off the coast, the last time i died i even sprinted through cherno, attracting zombies all the time and losing them, its quite easy once you have an idea what your doing.
    think the server needs to be restarted though, cuz loot doesn't seem to be respawning since i was on late last night, its still the same loot i left there maybe 15 hours ago. anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for items to respawn

Its not hard once you get used to it, the last 3 times ive died ive been fine, managed to get everythiing i need and got the hell off the coast, the last time i died i even sprinted through cherno, attracting zombies all the time and losing them, its quite easy once you have an idea what your doing.
    think the server needs to be restarted though, cuz loot doesn't seem to be respawned since i was on late last night, its still the same loot i left there maybe 15 hours ago. anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for items to respawn

Well i tryed 2 firehouses a supermarket a office building some houses and a cafe couldnt find any weapons food etc might well need a restart

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I was in Electro this morning and the supermarket only had empty cans and chemlights. Also I noticed a lot of flies without bodies, this usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

flies without bodies is pretty normal, people do hide the bodies and once they do that the body disappears but it still leaves the flies. but it seems to be happening a lot more frequently so im thinking theres more going on than just players hiding the bodies so no one else can loot them

• Advertisement

i noticed that as well flys everywhere with no bodys anywere so either theres a bug or someones gone on the most tidy murder spree in history

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement