Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for somewhere pretty in Letterkenny town

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there is a park or somewhere pretty in letterkenny to take photos of a couple (in the winter!) Or anywhere desperately ugly that its ironically cool?

anybody? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

There is Letterkenny Town Park near the hospital. It's nice in the winter when there is snow and you can see the cathedral steeple from parts of it. St. Conals hospital can take some nice shots. Market Square can be nice if the drunks are out of the way, but it would depend on the type of day.

I'm sure there is ugly, but I've not been looking around it in about a year.

EDIT: There is also a small green area between the museum and garda station. It's actually the famine graveyard but again, time of year and drunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

could try the cultural centre maybe, could be nice photos from a side view, have a look at the 3rd/4th/6th photos there. not a big fan of it (especially some of the reasoning behind it) but wouldnt call it ugly.

desperately ugly... kinda cool...maybe the big oil tanks in jones' oil by tesco? although they arent as big as i remember looking at street view and the shiny aluminium ones tend to give a better shot... thats a pretty random one though... dont think they have the required scale to pull off the cool effect but il throw it in anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

There are a few uncomely areas about which might fit your criteria. The shortcut behind the fire station (which leads you out to Mace) has a big ugly wall. I vaguely recall the area around St Conall's being a bit messy. There's also an abandoned picnic area near an alley down Lower Main St. I suppose it could be construed as ironically cool. Also, the stairway/alley that's located halfway up Port Road is a sore enough sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

Gallaghers Hotel is very ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The old building up behind St Conals is really ugly, broken windows, graffiti etc. Would probably make nice pic's as the building itself has (had) nice features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I'm really good looking, if you want to take photos with me in them I will happily obliged! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭summerdreamn

I'm really good looking, if you want to take photos with me in them I will happily obliged! :pac:

Don't back out if I take you up on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Don't back out if I take you up on that!

Emm, I'm busy that day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Enough of the negative images! For potentially 'pretty' places, Letterkenny admittedly isn't exactly the nicest place in the county but places like the Cathedral or St Eunans college are nice enough, especially if there's a coating of snow as happens regularly enough most winters

The town park next to St Conals hospital will have a few spots well deserving of a picture as well I'd imagine. I'm sure you'd find a spot in any other park, Ballymacool, Glencar etc. as well if you wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

You need to book onto one of Gary Gambles Tours...
    All the locations you need covered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGGsknZ8DZQ&feature=player_embedded

• Advertisement
Advertisement