Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Maths 2012

• 08-05-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hey I was just wondering what book everyone's using for Project Maths 2012? I've been using a combination of Concise Maths and Active Maths and they're not great tbh.

For the Geometry Theorems which form is everyone learning for the exam? Heard a rumour some of the theorems in the books are wrong which wouldn't surprise me seeing as there's a lot of misprints.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Hey I was just wondering what book everyone's using for Project Maths 2012? I've been using a combination of Concise Maths and Active Maths and they're not great tbh.

For the Geometry Theorems which form is everyone learning for the exam? Heard a rumour some of the theorems in the books are wrong which wouldn't surprise me seeing as there's a lot of misprints.

Active Maths is a poorly compiled book. Why did they force leaving certs to sit the Project Maths paper instead of starting from first years I will never know. Second Level books are very contrived and do not expand on topics to give you a broader understanding of the theory and it's relation to the grand scheme of things. This business of churning out old books with refurbished covers is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

reznov wrote: »
    Active Maths is a poorly compiled book. Why did they force leaving certs to sit the Project Maths paper instead of starting from first years I will never know. Second Level books are very contrived and do not expand on topics to give you a broader understanding of the theory and it's relation to the grand scheme of things. This business of churning out old books with refurbished covers is depressing.

Have to agree... Just gonna try and learn the material and practice applying it on exam style questions,

Out of curiosity what book are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have Text & Tests I don't like the book either I preferred my last years maths book but it wasn't project maths.

I've been trying the Sample Papers and I'm desperate at them! Can anyone point me in the right direction for tips on Project Maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Just take your time, and write down the most basic information possible.

Expect to see something you have never seen or done before. There will be something n the exam we haven't seen as apparently they're trying to test our problem solving skills...

Also, read the stat questions really carefully, underlining specific words and topics. It's a horrible paper though... Would have loved the old course :L

• Advertisement

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Just take your time, and write down the most basic information possible.

Expect to see something you have never seen or done before. There will be something n the exam we haven't seen as apparently they're trying to test our problem solving skills...

Also, read the stat questions really carefully, underlining specific words and topics. It's a horrible paper though... Would have loved the old course :L

I'm horrible at linking topics together... Also we just finished the course so there is little time to spare!

Advertisement