Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier League Discussion

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This thread will be for the upstart Boards Premier league.

I have set up a community and sent all the participants details of how to join.

Please only use this community for playing BPL games.

Firstly a few ground rules. The Rules of the regular franchise apply to all games.

All games must be played through the community.

You will play all your games as whatever team you select at the draft.

You may use any offensive or defensive playbook you choose. You may use whatever audibles you want too. The same rules apply for disconnects, recreate the score differences and start again unless the result was pretty much guarenteed (eg 20 points up late in the 4th quarter)

You need to play every other team in the league once. The winner of the game needs to post up the result, stats and a short description of the game.

We will aim for 1 game every week. I will post up a list of fixtures every Sunday night or Monday morning. Please play your games by the following Sunday. If you are going to be away for a while please let me know and I will accommodate absences as best I can.

I will post up a league table every week.

The final league table will be determined by Win Loss record. Ties will be decided by results between the teams. If more than 2 teams are tied a "mini league" between those will apply. After that it will be down to most TD's over the season. After that it will be a fight to the death among the various coaches battle royale style.

The top 4 will go to the playoffs, 1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd.

That's pretty much it. Best of luck to everyone and remember its only a game and the idea of this league is to help everyone improve their games for the main franchise. So don't be afraid to offer advice to your opponents to help everyone improve.

The Draft:

Please post in this thread your choice of teams and I will update the thread with everyone's choice. Hopefully everyone can get on and make a choice.

The draft order is as follows (feel free to make your choice from now if you are next on the list):

1. Nerd69 - New York Giants
    2. Pudsy33 - Detroit Lions
    3. NekoChan - Green Bay Packers
    4. madalig - San Francisco 49ers
    5. Lukebray - Atlanta Falcons
    6. empacher - New England Patriots
    7. Raoul - Baltimore Ravens
    8. helimachoptor - Tennessee Titans
    9. Paully D - Houston Texans
    10. adrian522 - New Orleans Saints
    11. Shane.C - Pittsburgh Steelers
    12. Santry Red - Cincinnati Bengals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers Adrian, good stuff.

Just wondering is it OK to play a few games in a short space of time if players are available, or should we stick to the 1 game a week? Also, will there be fixtures created or shall we just sort the games out between ourselves whenever players are on Xbox?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think it would be best if we could keep the number of games played as close as possible as I don't want some people having 6 or 7 games played and another person having only played 1 as then the league table would be meaningless. If you are going on holidays or whatever by all means play one or 2 extra before you go or when you come back.

I'll leave it up to people to organise their games, I won't dictate the fixtures just play whoever is available and post up the results.

if that's not working out then I'll post fixtures but we will see how we go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Adrian might be worthwhile you sticking the fixtures in a spreadsheet and attaching it, the same way premier league fixtures are done with the no games on the diagonal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah I could do something like that to keep track of results and standings...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You can do one at the start and then just update it every couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'd keep it strict to one game a week. Fixtures that are delayed just need set dates to be played.

If someone plays 6 and others don't it will make games between people near the end of the league meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Brantley Elegant Pizzeria

new york giants

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Eh.... Detroit Lions

Etloveslsd is not entering this so I have removed him from the list. Nekochan is up next in the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Eh.... Detroit Lions

:mad:

• Advertisement

OK from now coaches have 30 mins to select their teams. I've sent a PM to NekoChan who is on the clock.

I'll make the pick at 11:30 if I haven't heard, feel free to PM me your choices before your pick if you won't be around.

No word from NekoChan so he gets the Green Bay Packers, Madalig gets the 49ers as per his list so Lukebray is on the clock, pick to be made by 12.

LukeBray gets the Patriots. Empacher is now on the clock, pick to be made by 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

adrian522 wrote: »
    LukeBray gets the Patriots. Empacher is now on the clock, pick to be made by 12:30.

I sent you a message lastnight saying my first choice was Atlanta? Did you not get it?

Lukebray wrote: »
    I sent you a message lastnight saying my first choice was Atlanta? Did you not get it?

Apologies Luke, I do remember that message but it seems to have disappeared. I'll change your choice now.

OK, Empacher gets the Patriots, luke has his falcons.

Raoul gets the ravens who were his first choice, and Heli takes the Titans.

Paully is next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ah bollocks, I thought the Ravens would be still there! :pac:

I'll take the Texans then please.

Yeah sorry, I just realised I posted it to your visitor wall thing. Was on the phone when I sent it.

Paully D wrote: »
    Ah bollocks, I thought the Ravens would be still there! :pac:

I'll take the Texans then please.

Don't forget this is a "family" draft :D

I take the saints, Shane is next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Steeeeeellllerrrrs

• Advertisement

OK, last pick is SantryRed, I'll send a pm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

When will the fixture list be done up? Also are we having three conferences or whats the story?

I'll do up the fixtures this evening.

I had proposed one big division giving everyone 11 games, though I am still open to suggestions.

I know I had said earlier that I would let people play whoever until there games were done but I think to minimise confusion I will post up fixtures every week.

If people are away on holidays they can let me know and I will be flexible with fixtures.

Can people post their preference for format, one big league or several divisions (probably 3)

I think 1 big league with each team playing each other once. 3 points for a win and none for a loss. And how about bonus points? In rugby they award an extra point for 4 or more tries and also a bonus point for losing by less than 7 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No way lads. No bonus points or any of that sh1t. It'd be chaos with running up the score and the likes.

Looks like the Bengals for me so!

One thing we must look at is timeframe. It's currently mid-May. If fixtures were to begin from next Monday, we're looking at a finishing date of around August 9th which would be perfect with the new game due out in mid-August. That date is found by 11 games and then a semi final and a final. Another recommendation is not to use points difference or TDs to split teams unless a limit is put on it again, along the lines of max points difference from one game being 21 points, but players are still expected to be respectful to opponents coming to the end of a game.

"The final league table will be determined by Win Loss record. Ties will be decided by results between the teams. If more than 2 teams are tied a "mini league" between those will apply. After that it will be down to most TD's over the season. After that it will be a fight to the death among the various coaches battle royale style"

OK, see above.

I might take out the bit about the TD's and we can arrange a playoff between teams if it comes down to it but I don't think it will.

I don't want any incentive for running up the score. A win is all you can gain from any one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Sorry I missed the draft. Looking forward to getting some games in though.
    Should be interesting to play with Packers for a change - don't pick them that often for myself.

• Advertisement

NekoChan wrote: »
    Sorry I missed the draft. Looking forward to getting some games in though.
    Should be interesting to play with Packers for a change - don't pick them that often for myself.

Wanna swap for the Bengals? :D I'll throw in a 70 rated CB to sweeten the deal? :pac:

Advertisement