Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlemill Butchers Balbriggan.

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Drove past today and the place seemed to be cleared out. Saw a notice on the door but didnt stop to read it. Anybody got any info ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Hope its not gone. Always liked that butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 williamsjos

Yeah sadly closed down on Saturday. The rent and service charges he was getting charged where very high and unfortunately they couldn’t afford it any more. They asked the owners for a reduction but sadly they wouldn’t comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

Thats two business' in Castlemill in the space of two weeks. Wisteria closed at the end of April too.

Very sad to see the butchers go, they were lovely helpful lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Aw that's terrible news. I used the Butchers frequently. Lovely bunch of lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

I loved that butchers, they had great offers and was good quality. Wonder will they open somewhere else in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So Abrakebabra, Wisteria and now the butchers...... hmnnn I hope it doesn't become something of a 'ghost' area- I really hope the landlords wise up and drop the rents otherwise they could find themselves with more empty property. It's already a magnet for kids in the evenings so more empty shops would I imagine increase the amount of kids hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Thats terrible, always used them to keep them going, lovely goujons! Hope someone takes up the space!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Sad to see it closed, probably all to do with tesco.

Can't believe it! :( Me and my flatmate lived on their lemon and chili chicken! Will be very, very missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I don't think that it is right to specifically blame Tesco or any other business. High rents, lack of custom, rampant vegetarianism could all be equally to blame for a butcher to close down.

• Advertisement

Nah I'll just blame Gleesons instead ;)

Though honestly, I am heartbroken about this! I LOVED their stuff! Apart from their "South African Style chicken" they sold during the World Cup two years ago, that was rank!

Told my flatmate.... he's gutted too! We live in Harolds Cross, I just used to bring home 30 quids worth of chicken (boyfriend lives near Castlemills) and we split the cost and froze it! We still have some... think we'll have a Castlemills memorial dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Sad to see them go, always very nice and pleasent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Why wont the land lords drop rent prices. Upward only rent is ridiculous and it's killing business.
    Whats better having a tanant or an empty unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KASlater

ah very sad news about the closure of this Butcher.. Great quality and service. My famous summer bbqs just wont be the same without their stuff :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Thats unfortunate. Used to live in Balbriggan and they were a great addition to the place. Much better than the dreadful supermarket across the road. Wishing the lads all the best for any future endeavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Morgans

Same sentiments as above. Really liked the butchers. Have left Balbriggan a while now and used still call in when passing by the town. Real shame. Hope everyone gets back on their feet sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Good news, Butchers well be reopening soon but in a smaller unit, saw the signs up today. Welcome back lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Good news, Butchers well be reopening soon but in a smaller unit, saw the signs up today. Welcome back lads :)

ahh that's great news, myself and the girlfriend were down there every week. lemon chilli chicken, popcorn chicken, steaks, potatos..great little spot, good to see its opening again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

JohnnieK wrote: »

Saw that today- it's opening a few doors up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Delighted to hear that they are making a return to the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement