Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exact time of a goal?

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I'm querying a bet with Betdash/Paddy Power. The bet I did was 1st goal to be scored up to and including the 27th minute in the Russian Divison 1 match, between Mordovya Saransk and Shinnik Yaroslavl yesterday.

I was actually following the game on Bet365 and the market suspended in or around 27:00. Live score say the goal was in the 28th minute, and all the rest (Futbol24/Flashscore etc) all have 27th, including the Shinnik Yaroslavl official match report on the game.

Yet Betdash have told me their traders have said the goal was scored on 27:06 which is the 28th minute, they also say that the above sites I mentioned all have the goal as 27th minute due to the software but it was really the 28th minute, that's just the way the sites display the goal times, is that right?

Currently waiting on a screenshot from Betdash which shows when the goal was scored, but to be honest I still don't think this is going to be accurate!

This happen to anyone before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Most bookies should have the exact rules on their websites

Usually it's something along the lines of BBC website report etc etc

Not sure if the Beeb will have Russian results though

From PaddyPower rules

Bets on time of the first/last goal, time of first corner, time of first booking and interval bets will be settled as the time shown by the major UK TV station broadcasting the match.
    For time of first corner market, the time that the corner is taken will count.
    For time of first booking market, the time that the player is shown the card will count.
    In the event of a dispute, the decision of Opta Index will be final.
    If the match is not covered by British TV or by Opta, the verdict of the majority of the following websites will be final:
    www.sportinglife.com
    www.soccernet.com
    www.soccerbot.com
    www.flashscore.com
    www.futbol24.com
    www.livescore.co.uk
    www.soccerway.com

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Right well Ive checked all through them sites, I can't see the result of the game on:

Sporting Life
    Soccernet
    Soccerbot

Soccerway - 27th Minute
    Flashscore - 27th Minute
    Futbol24 - 27th Minute
    Livescore - 28th Minute

The actual Shinnik Yaroslavl website, even though all in Russian, clearly has the 1st goal scored in the 27th minute, and the 2nd goal scored in the 62nd. Waiting on a reply.

Opta is the definitive answer but it's subscription-based so maybe you should email them to ask them

Also Betdash rules MAY be different to Paddy Power (although unlikely)

Yeah I noticed that, wouldn't say Opta would cover a Russian Division 1 game though?

• Advertisement

Go back to Betdash and quote them their own rules

Managed to get paid out in full, I got a reply from one of the managers and don't think he meant to CC me! It was an email to the colleague asking them to credit my balance and put it down as a good will gesture.

I then got an email of the person I had been dealing with all day and she said that they have come to the conclusion that I was right all along and that my balance had been updated!

paulb06 wrote: »
    Managed to get paid out in full, I got a reply from one of the managers and don't think he meant to CC me! It was an email to the colleague asking them to credit my balance and put it down as a good will gesture.

That's great that you got it sorted.

Very interesting about the "goodwill gesture" thingy. In the thread linked below, a Blackjack customer had an issue sorted as a "goodwill gesture" when it was clearly a system issue.

So basically PP are using "goodwill gesture" to get around admitting that they are wrong!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056624899

Yep, and if they say I was right all along, then I wonder how many other punters got shafted been the goal was after the 27th minute when it was in fact up to and including the 27th minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

and if they say I was right all along, then I wonder how many other punters got shafted been the goal was after the 27th minute when it was in fact up to and including the 27th minute.

On a Russian Divison 1 match, I wouldn't have said a lot.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    and if they say I was right all along, then I wonder how many other punters got shafted been the goal was after the 27th minute when it was in fact up to and including the 27th minute.

On a Russian Divison 1 match, I wouldn't have said a lot.

Sorry Betdash punters I was meant to say, you bet on anything available on Betdash! The bet is still down as a loss.

Advertisement