Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention Boston People! :)

Options
  • 09-05-2012 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Hello there!

For the past year I have been living in Nashua, NH. My fiance is moving in with me soon. I haven't really been to Boston apart from going to the airport to go back to Ireland last January.

Anyway, can you recommend places we should see/visit in Boston? I'm going to Jacob Wirth's soon as I have a love of European beer. I think it's in the Theater district so I plan on checking that out with her as she loves the theater.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'd recommend getting on a duck tour, its good quack...i'll get my coat

Its a good way to get a good overview of the history of Boston and a look around the different sites you may want to visit.

Tourist traps i'd avoid are Cheers, horrible food and over priced beers, just walk through it if you must. Fanueil Hall, not much going on, very few decent places to eat and dont go there on a night out...its sh1te.

Other than that i've been living in Boston for the last 4 years and havent done anything touristy...i'd recommend going out to dinner in the back bay or north end, they are cool spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

I like brighton, because you can get a decent breakfast roll! Museum of since is good also.

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    I like brighton, because you can get a decent breakfast roll! Museum of since is good also.

Where's the place that does breakfast rolls? I've heard of it but i dont know where it is? Apparently its waay out past Cleveland Circle.

Proper rashers and sausages?

Hazys wrote: »
    Where's the place that does breakfast rolls? I've heard of it but i dont know where it is? Apparently its waay out past Cleveland Circle.

Proper rashers and sausages?

Proper sausages and rashers. Fanueil St market is the name and kiki's across the street has allot of food too, but no brekie roll. Brighton main st has a tonne of restaurants where you can get a brekie, but no roll. Best breakfast food (raw) I have found is in Dorchester at a little butchers (Irish butcher shop market). The bakery beside has cooked and uncooked sausage rolls ftw.

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    Proper sausages and rashers. Fanueil St market is the name and kiki's across the street has allot of food too, but no brekie roll. Brighton main st has a tonne of restaurants where you can get a brekie, but no roll. Best breakfast food (raw) I have found is in Dorchester at a little butchers (Irish butcher shop market). The bakery beside has cooked and uncooked sausage rolls ftw.

Cheers, a bit far from me and not to mention it doesnt seem to be near the T...i'll have bribe a friend to drive me out there some day.

I can get denny's rashers and sausage in a shop near me in Cambridge but i'm waaay too lazy to turn that into a breakfast roll.

• Advertisement

Cheers, a bit far from me and not to mention it doesnt seem to be near the T...i'll have bribe a friend to drive me out there some day.

I can get denny's rashers and sausage in a shop near me in Cambridge but i'm waaay too lazy to turn that into a breakfast roll.

Theres a bus from Cambridge to brighton. 64 I believe? Google maps, public transport is your friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

You can get all that stuff and breki rolls in Greenhills Bakery in Adams Village in Dorchester..but you will pay for the previlage as it can be expensive!

I thought Kiki's done breki rolls aswell? maybe not but they have anything else you're looking for!

Corrimbla wrote: »
    You can get all that stuff and breki rolls in Greenhills Bakery in Adams Village in Dorchester..but you will pay for the previlage as it can be expensive!

I thought Kiki's done breki rolls aswell? maybe not but they have anything else you're looking for!

Kiki's may do but it may be a new thing. Greenhills is next to the butchers I mentioned above. It is expensive but some things are worth it, like sausage rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Jeeze Darren, you're making me hungry! Can't remember the last time I had a sausage roll! :P

avalon68 wrote: »
    Jeeze Darren, you're making me hungry! Can't remember the last time I had a sausage roll! :P

I'll be picking one up on the way to the GF's parents in RI this weekend. Mmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Where's the shop in Cambridge?!

Any time I plan on having a good fry I've to go all the way from Davis to Kiki's to get stuff and it's a pain in the hole!
    The pancake/bagel breakfasts get tiring after a while

Advertisement