Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance price on restriced R6 for provisional

• 09-05-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some info on how much insurance on a restricted R6 would be, i am 25, have my provisional 5 years, was insured with quinn direct on a 125 till a Nigerian politician in his own county :mad: (comedian more like it) did a u-turn in front of me in the phoenix park. Was grand no damage to me but settled for a grand for the bike and he settled for a new door also we were both insured with quinn, they say i was also but less at fault because of overtaking on a continuous white line which runs through the whole park. Was told it wasn't a claim but i still am worried it might effect my insurance in the future!!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Only way to find out is by getting a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

We can only guesstimate but like BrokenArrows said, the only way you'll know for sure is to call a few insurance companies and get quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

It's not that hard to ring 4 companies!

AON
    Liberty
    Carole Nash
    Adelaide Insurance

If you want me to do it put up all your details including any bank details and I can sort it out for you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

They don't care if it's full power or restricted, The insurance company's are still going to charge you as if the R6 was full power and as the restriction part is only so you can ride it legally due to your licence restrictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

dunner515 wrote: »
    They don't care if it's full power or restricted, The insurance company's are still going to charge you as if the R6 was full power and as the restriction part is only so you can ride it legally due to your licence restrictions
    Unless it's factory restricted, in which case insurance is lower. I don't know if you can get a r6 factory restricted so this may be a moot point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Idleater wrote: »
    Unless it's factory restricted, in which case insurance is lower. I don't know if you can get a r6 factory restricted so this may be a moot point.

To the best of my knowledge they do not come factory restricted but I stand to be corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,412 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

anthonyos wrote: »
    did a u-turn in front of me in the phoenix park. Was grand no damage to me but settled for a grand for the bike and he settled for a new door also we were both insured with quinn, they say i was also but less at fault because of overtaking on a continuous white line which runs through the whole park. Was told it wasn't a claim but i still am worried it might effect my insurance in the future!!!!

Quinn are (or were) crooks to say the least, and pulling this sort of s**t is just one minor example. You would have hit this guy if you were a foot inside the white line or a foot outside, if you'd been insured with a proper insurance company they would have contested the claim and almost certainly he'd have been found 100% liable.

Hopefully the 'culture' of this organisation will change under their new ownership, but it'll take quite some time before I'd touch them with a bargepole.

The ideal situation for an insurance company is when one of their drivers hits another, that way they can apportion blame to both and load both their premiums and profit from the loading on both drivers.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

anthonyos wrote: »
    Just looking for some info on how much insurance on a restricted R6 would be, i am 25, have my provisional 5 years, was insured with quinn direct on a 125 till a Nigerian politician in his own county :mad: (comedian more like it) did a u-turn in front of me in the phoenix park. Was grand no damage to me but settled for a grand for the bike and he settled for a new door also we were both insured with quinn, they say i was also but less at fault because of overtaking on a continuous white line which runs through the whole park. Was told it wasn't a claim but i still am worried it might effect my insurance in the future!!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

So you were overtaking a car who had stopped to allow this guy complete a u-turn? Not accusing you of anything, just trying to understand what happened because your post is a bit vague.

Just ring up the insurance companies or use their online quote generators and see what they come up with. If your previous insurance company tell you there is no claim then you don't have to disclose it to your new insurance company but unfortunately, if the other guy claimed for his damage off your insurance policy then there was a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

as stated before ring them and find out. easy as that. no other way! :)

and about the 5 years .. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ninja900 wrote: »
    Quinn are (or were) crooks to say the least, and pulling this sort of s**t is just one minor example. You would have hit this guy if you were a foot inside the white line or a foot outside, if you'd been insured with a proper insurance company they would have contested the claim and almost certainly he'd have been found 100% liable.

Hopefully the 'culture' of this organisation will change under their new ownership, but it'll take quite some time before I'd touch them with a bargepole.

The ideal situation for an insurance company is when one of their drivers hits another, that way they can apportion blame to both and load both their premiums and profit from the loading on both drivers.

Unfortunately you'll usually find it's the same with most companies. If they cover both parties they'll split the blame 50:50 as that's the cheapest and easiest option to the company, as usually on the policy documents somewhere it says they act on your behalf in all claims.

To fight their decision you'd need to go legal and they have better legal people than most of us can afford.

• Advertisement
Advertisement