Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carmageddon: Reincarnation on kickstarter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I dunno would it be allowed in this day and age, fecking PC brigade have everything ruined. I had the original blood and guts version back in the day and loved it and I haven't knocked anyone down yet but i'm liable to do a Carmageddon on middle lane drivers before I die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I dunno would it be allowed in this day and age, fecking PC brigade have everything ruined. I had the original blood and guts version back in the day and loved it and I haven't knocked anyone down yet but i'm liable to do a Carmageddon on middle lane drivers before I die.

Sure the PC crowd will have their panties in a bunch about it, but then again, they bunch'em up over everything, so it really doesn't mater what they think.

I never played the old ones, but always wanted too. I'd really like to see this happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Used to love the old Carmageddons. Style bonuses for creatively landing on and absolutely splattering the zombies/pedestrian hordes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

PC = Personal Computer or Politically correct? Could apply to either :pac:

I kid, I kid. But seriously: always thought Carmageddon was nearly universally despised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I kid, I kid. But seriously: always thought Carmageddon was nearly universally despised?

1 & 2 were epic, and we don't talk about the rest...

I can't see the link above as i'm at work, but i thought there was a Carmageddon 4 coming out, had a countdown clock an all... Or is this something completely different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Carmageddon was nearly universally despised?

hell no, it was epic!
    I would buy this without question if it came out, so much fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

first kickstarter pitch ive seen where everyone seemed completely genuine and not at all punchable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ahh i loved the original 2 games. Fantastic fun, and i spent hours just racing around mowing down pedestrians. Was great fun. Loved stealing other cars as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

WOW! Yes please! I just backed them $50. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

PC = Personal Computer or Politically correct?

Well the Politically Correct Brigade don't exist and the thought of PC gamers organising themselves into anything is pretty laughable......

So Lord only knows, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Loved the first game.

"I was in the waaaaaaaar!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<3 Carmageddon 2. The soundtrack was Iron Maiden. Freaking epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I never played the second one, but played the hell out of the first one. I'm sure it hasn't aged very well but it was great craic at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

carmageddon carpocalypse now best game ever made, ya would loose hours playing it,

Hope this new one gets made!

Sarky wrote: »
    <3 Carmageddon 2. The soundtrack was Iron Maiden. Freaking epic.

Could have sworn I heard a hint of Zero Signal by Fear Factory in that vid, just before the folks started talking in it.

Oh, and the whole PC thing would be the politically correct heads, not those who play games on their PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

The daily mail crowd had a conniption fit about it. I bought part 1 and 2 in games years ago and it clearly said in the manual and on the box that it was zombie mode with green blood, but it wasn't at all. it was red blood and humans. the gave me hours of joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

When I got my first computer back in 1998 one of the first games I had to play was Carmageddon. It was the zombie version with green blood and for years I thought that was the actual version, never knew the original version was humans and blood. To be honest though I kinda preferred the zombie version :)

Excellent game all the same!

Who could forget the joys of zooming around a football field while armed with the Electro Bastard Ray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

<3 the bitching about pc brigade, which haven't said a word yet lol.

Anyway, I loved carmagedon. My favourite was ofc the second one! If I recall correctly there was some carmagedon out on ps1 too? Played that deck knows how many hours too!

When I get to pc I'll check that kick starter. I would not mind chirping in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

sadly back in 98 i bought colin mcrae rally and didn't get carmageddon.
    have never played it, but loved the idea of it.
    i would love a new one to come out to give me a taste at long last.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

last day for this... get pledging

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

last day for this... get pledging
    $578,984 pledged of $400,000 goal; oh yea :)

i completely forgot about this until today, pledged 25 dollars after I linked it there.. glad I got the chance to would have felt a right fool having to pay full price for it :)

Glad to hear that it got the budget it was looking for. Deadly stuff.

Sweet. The closest thing to an enjoyable racing game I've played since Carmageddon was Split Second, and the violence and explosions in that weren't nearly gratuitous enough.

PEDESTRIANS=POINTS WOO!

they ended up being pledged $625,143

hopefully most of that actually gets paid, great stuff coming in the future I hope!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

they ended up being pledged $625,143

hopefully most of that actually gets paid, great stuff coming in the future I hope!
    My donation was deducted last night and I'd guess that would hold true for most.

gog finally put carmageddon up on their site so anyone who pledged 25 dollars or more to the new game will get a code to download it from gog in their email.. hopefully soon

the kickstarter page said the day gog put it up so.. hopefully today \o/

--edit
    Thanks for being a Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter backer!
    As part of your available rewards please find below a link to download your copy of the Carmageddon Max Pack from GOG.com

*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Carmageddon 2 was probably one of my favourite games on the ps1, insanely fun :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement