Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correction of errors and suspense account help

• 09-05-2012 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi.
    I find suspense account q's fine, but i mess up the actual suspense account that you have to prepare every time. I get the correct figures and difference, but I just don't know what to NAME each entry (e.g. purchases, creditors, etc).
    Can you tell me how you know what NAME to enter in the suspense account for each entry, and if you lose any marks for entering the wrong NAME.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    ha

^Your great help.

Our teacher just told us use the name of the biggest adjustment. (Creditor - 10,000 and Discount - 500) so you would call the the figure in the suspense acc Creditors and also you could number the suspense name to whatever part of the Q your doing aswell. At a guess they dont get marks, only the figures do.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thepikminman

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    ha

Well done!

Hoggy1000 wrote: »
    ^Your great help.

Our teacher just told us use the name of the biggest adjustment. (Creditor - 10,000 and Discount - 500) so you would call the the figure in the suspense acc Creditors and also you could number the suspense name to whatever part of the Q your doing aswell. At a guess they dont get marks, only the figures do.

Ok cool, thanks alot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Sorry its just I hate suspense accounts with a passion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

^ Going by the exam papers, there a banker for this year though?
    there so repetitive, you could do 2/3 questions and you'd nearly cover all the adjustments!

• Advertisement

there so repetitive, you could do 2/3 questions and you'd nearly cover all the adjustments!

What's a banker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

What's a banker?

They're an almost definite up.

Advertisement