Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South County GC Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Gambino

OK, I asked in an earlier post and got no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Hoping to play Southcounty tomorrow. I will report back on course condition then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Hoping to play Southcounty tomorrow. I will report back on course condition then.

Very wet I would imagine.

rednik wrote: »

That was one thing it had going for it, great drainage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Masterlad

I heard yesterday that the phones will be reconnected today or early next week, The old Number will not change.

• Advertisement

rednik wrote: »

I'd say it is. Not going to play as I'm a fair weather golfer!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Masterlad wrote: »
    I heard yesterday that the phones will be reconnected today or early next week, The old Number will not change.

Phones are back up and running! just got a call from them. looking forward to playing the course..been a long time since my last round up there.

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Phones are back up and running! just got a call from them. looking forward to playing the course..been a long time since my last round up there.

Is it open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i didn't ask...i had left a message on the answering machine during the week..and they just got back to me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lw3

Have tried to call SC today and phone still not working.

• Advertisement

lw3 wrote: »
    Have tried to call SC today and phone still not working.
    Course was in great shape today. No problems despite all the rain, while some other courses were closed.
    The phone is still down but the course is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Masterlad

South County phones up and running, called earlier, and played, greens in great nick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

After all the chat about SC, I'm going mad for a round up there! Anyone up for a game some time next month? Am away all the next 2 weekends.

I met an ex member on Sunday night. He said the fairways were excellent but greens just good, they were not as good as you would expect after pole forking project a number of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

charlieIRL wrote: »
    After all the chat about SC, I'm going mad for a round up there! Anyone up for a game some time next month? Am away all the next 2 weekends.

I certainly would be. I am sure scubapro would as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

link_2007 wrote: »
    I certainly would be. I am sure scubapro would as well.

spot on, We'll organise something when i get home from the hols.

Has anyone any update on what is happening? Last word from The Captains was on 29th May. I hear a lot of ex members have moved to other clubs in the locality. Will there be enough members going back up to form a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Has anyone any update on what is happening? Last word from The Captains was on 29th May. I hear a lot of ex members have moved to other clubs in the locality. Will there be enough members going back up to form a club?

Do you know where the majority are going/have gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

link_2007 wrote: »

Do you know where the majority are going/have gone?
    Around 20 gone to Beech Park. A few to Newlands and Castlewarden

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

we got a few in druids heath i think.

if anyone's looking for membership ill split the reference fee

• Advertisement

we got a few in druids heath i think.

if anyone's looking for membership ill split the reference fee
    The great majority of those who paid their 2012 sub are staying and will play it by ear after this year. Its a reasonable assumption that those who have laid out subs in other clubs had not paid in SC. In which case they will be missed terribly.

Gambino wrote: »
    The great majority of those who paid their 2012 sub are staying and will play it by ear after this year. Its a reasonable assumption that those who have laid out subs in other clubs had not paid in SC. In which case they will be missed terribly.
    thanks for yet another fantastic contribution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Or paid by DD and decided to move elsewhere rather than wait for this mess to be all resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Russman

. In which case they will be missed terribly.

After all, they did have an obligation to ensure you had a golf club and that overrides all other considerations :eek:

Can't believe people would look after themselves like that, selfish feckers.

Or paid by DD and decided to move elsewhere rather than wait for this mess to be all resolved.
    Yes, some of those too. If people have clubs that suit them better, then good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Yes, some of those too.

Show us your figures Gambino, otherwise we all just continue to imagine you in bed with the 2 farmers

Russman wrote: »
    After all, they did have an obligation to ensure you had a golf club and that overrides all other considerations :eek:

Can't believe people would look after themselves like that, selfish feckers.

Funny way of looking after yourself - bringing your own club into liquidation. If they were shareholders that had an obligation to pay their subs - it was in their contract. 78 reneged on it; they will be great assets to wherever they go next.

Whyner wrote: »
    Show us your figures Gambino, otherwise we all just continue to imagine you in bed with the 2 farmers
    Yes, those evil farmers. Imgine, expecting people who play golf on their land to pay for the priviledge. Nice to see begrudgery still reigns in some circles. I don't have any figures but I reckon those who have moved elsewhere include a number from the 78 shareholders who didn't honour their part of the deal. No loss. Funny how a small little word like "club" is so hard for some people to understand.

Funny way of looking after yourself - bringing your own club into liquidation. If they were shareholders that had an obligation to pay their subs - it was in their contract. 78 reneged on it; they will be great assets to wherever they go next.
    another great contribution.

• Advertisement

another great contribution.
    I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement