Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Noob

Options
  • 09-05-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, I'm not into soccer at all but played Fifa at a friends house and it was a great laugh so I picked up Fifa 11 for 3.99. It's well addictive but wondering if anyone could help me. I created a player and started my career but I keep getting benched for not being good enough, understandably. When I finally do get to play, I never make an impact on the game and finished with a score of around 6.7 and get benched again.

I created a forward - finisher and playing for Liverpool.

Should I create a new player in a position like midfield and for a team in a lower league? Or are there any tips I can use to get a higher score in a game?

I find any time I get the ball, I am always in the middle of a run and a defender just takes it off me. I know I need to practice more but is there any easier start to a career?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, I'm not into soccer at all but played Fifa at a friends house and it was a great laugh so I picked up Fifa 11 for 3.99. It's well addictive but wondering if anyone could help me. I created a player and started my career but I keep getting benched for not being good enough, understandably. When I finally do get to play, I never make an impact on the game and finished with a score of around 6.7 and get benched again.

I created a forward - finisher and playing for Liverpool.

Should I create a new player in a position like midfield and for a team in a lower league? Or are there any tips I can use to get a higher score in a game?

I find any time I get the ball, I am always in the middle of a run and a defender just takes it off me. I know I need to practice more but is there any easier start to a career?

Thanks!

Practice is the answer, although it would have been better to start with a lower league team

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

play manager mode.....start in a low division and start on begginer...this way you can have your player play every match to up his level...to get his skill level up do all the tricks while your in the arena..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Stick with Striker, but would switch to a lower level club initially. Do the accomplishments that you can clock off in arena (taking PKs, skill moves, different shots). I play with Tele camera angle because I find the pro one difficult. If you can (can't remember if 11 allows it), play as the AI too. That way instead of calling for a ball (and often being downrated if they don't pass you the ball), you can feed everything through your striker.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks Lads, I read player manager mode would help keep me on the pitch since I would be deciding it but I don't know enough about soccer like who's good in what position etc. I had it on semi-pro for the pre league friendlies but thought it was too easy so moved to professional for the league. Might start in a 1st or 2nd div team so and put it back to semi-pro for the time being.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just playing some UT there,how do ppl seem to set up setpiece moves from corners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

In the arena, press select and you have the oppurtunity to create set pieces for various scenarios. It's quite time consuming but potentially very rewarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks Lads, I read player manager mode would help keep me on the pitch since I would be deciding it but I don't know enough about soccer like who's good in what position etc. I had it on semi-pro for the pre league friendlies but thought it was too easy so moved to professional for the league. Might start in a 1st or 2nd div team so and put it back to semi-pro for the time being.

I'll take you on once you get better at it :)

But seriously there is a trait that you get that improves your stamina once you have played a certain amount of games too. It means you won't be wrecked after the first half.

Play lots of safe passes around the box and stick rigidly to your position to improve your rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sound man, i got it 2nd hand so can't go online but I'd say I will be picking up FIFA 13 when thats out so you'll get your chance yet.

Advertisement