Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 acting up!!

Options
  • 09-05-2012 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a 2005 Volvo S40 that started acting up last night. The following things started happening just after I started driving:

"Boot lid open" message appeared
    Wipers started going with no way to turn them off
    Electric windows did not work
    Indicators not working, but hazards did
    Error message: SRS Service Urgent and Anti-Skid Service
    Fuel gauge not working
    Central locking not working
    Alarm can activate, but went off after about 20 minutes
    Windscreen washer not working.

I have no idea why all of this has happened, and I am hoping that it won't cost me an arm and a leg to get fixed.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong here?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You need to get it on a diagnostic machine, sounds like something has blocked communications on the CAN network.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coco134

Hi, I have a volve S40 SE Model,2006. For the last few months, I have getting an error message that there is "reduced enging performance" when I am driving or slowing down and the car goes into "limp" mode. Usually when I turn it off and on again it is fine. Sometimes the enging also revs up when I am slowing down and going to stop.

I have replaced the throttle body housing and also the throttle body sensor at the top of the accelerator but the problem is still happening.

Would you have any idea what the probem is ? I cannot seem to find a mechanic that can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It is impossible to say for sure without seeing the car. If there are warning messages showing up on the dash and the car is going into limp mode then there should be fault codes stored which can be read by diagnostic equipment. Has this been done and if so do you know what the faults were?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coco134

Hi, Thanks for coming back to me. The first time, the error was to replace the throttle body housing, I did that.. The Second time, it was to replace the sensor and had to replace the foot pedel and the sensor as volve do not sell them seperately.

I've not brought it back to a garage since as I wanted to see if NCT would pick up anything, but no joy and it passed...

Advertisement