Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arklow waste disposal

• 09-05-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

WTF has happened to Arklow waste, they suddenly stopped taking wheelie bins on some routes including my own and now I'm hearing they are only taking the bags every fortnight. All this without telling any customers, or at least any I talked to. :mad:

Ringing them up isn't much better as they don't seem to know what's going on and just give some spiel about increase in taxes and fuel costs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Shane Byrne was on radio last week and gave an explanation as to why this has happened.
    On their website >
    "TO ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS: AWD would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused in the change of your collection runs. Unfortunately this was an essential amendment we had to undertake due to the consistent rise in fuel costs, dump fees and the introduction of a new TAX levy. This coupled with our continued frustration in trying to establish a facility, have forced us to have to make these adjustments.

We also appreciate that there has been a complete shortfall in the delivery of our flyer's which were intended to explain the change to you prior to its transition. We employed an agency to manage this operation for us but it seems that a large amount of areas were missed. We are currently looking into this matter. Again we sincerely apologize for this.

Our aim was for this whole process to run as smoothly as possible, however if you have any queries whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact us. "

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

We also appreciate that there has been a complete shortfall in the delivery of our flyer's which were intended to explain the change to you prior to its transition. We employed an agency to manage this operation for us but it seems that a large amount of areas were missed.
    They collect bins from the front of peoples houses, all they had to do was attach a flyer to the bloody bins instead of wasting money on a flyer drop that usually deliver to the nearest bin. I also saw something briefly in the Wicklow People about how they were fined for lorries not up to standard or something along those lines. When I rang them, they also claimed to have told the shops, which again appears to be crap as the shop I buy my tags from never heard anything about it.

At this point I could care less about AWD, I have a baby that goes through a steady supply of nappies and there's no way in hell I'm leaving those fester for 2 weeks in a bag.

The worst part of all this is trying to get an alternative, I'm having to resort to begging the other operators in the area to take mine and my neighbours bins.

It's times like this I feel so glad to have paid my household charge. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the woman who runs the newsagents in woodlands was saying they have been taken over by thorntons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

the woman who runs the newsagents in woodlands was saying they have been taken over by thorntons

I call BS on that. Pretty sure it's only a rumour but I guess we'll see.

Basically, they seem to have cut some routes off their collection areas to cut costs. They don't want to travel down side/back roads and laneways when they can collect handier bins elsewhere.

Complaints of them not leaving leaflets about the changes is kinda funny. A woman was telling me she rang them up and complained to them about leaving a leaflet on her bin as it "wasn't a proper way of informing people".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Afaik its access that have been taken over.
    Hate having to keep a bin for 2 weeks before i can leave it out....hopefully they will work it so that they dont collect on the same days giving everybody the option of having the bin collected everyweek if we need it, just means using both companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

In relation to Thorntons, they have taken over Access Waste collection route. Not sure about AWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elle_bee

The guy delivering the flyers just threw ours at the bottom of the garden when he heard the dog barking in the house! Complete joke. The latest laugh is the message on their website telling people whose collection day is a Monday to leave their bins out last week on the bank holiday and not leave till Tuesday!! This is after delivering a new collection calendar stating no collections on a bank holiday! If I had an alternative provider I'd use them! You can't depend on them to turn up on the scheduled day. When they've missed collections before and we've called them, they've stated it was because the truck was full. And now they're moving to smaller trucks and only collecting every 2 weeks - can someone explain the logic in that?? How can they save fuel and dump charges if they have to make multiple trips to the dump so they can finish their round???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 C Doyle

AWD Wasters !!!
    AWD have decided not to lift bins above 70Kg, without telling their customers.
    wheelie bins left uncollected all over south Wicklow today.
    Total and utter contempt for their customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

C Doyle wrote: »
    AWD Wasters !!!
    AWD have decided not to lift bins above 70Kg, without telling their customers.
    wheelie bins left uncollected all over south Wicklow today.
    Total and utter contempt for their customers.

I got told about it back in June. The rule came in in July I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

If they want to impose an arbitrary unmeasurable weight threshold, they should supply customers with scales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If they want to impose an arbitrary unmeasurable weight threshold, they should supply customers with scales.

Exactly. How the hell can a householder know what weight their bin is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

AWD have not collected my bin yet again!! only been with them a couple of months, hardly inspires confidence! Been told that they will not come back for it, have to wait 2 weeks for them to come around again!!

Advertisement