Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think my dog is lonely

• 09-05-2012 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

This may sound silly, but I think my 1 year old Jack Russell is lonely.
    Last week we moved to an apartment (we previously had a house) as it was essential for work. We had a black lab/alsation when we were in the house, but a friend is looking after him temporarily for us until we can get a house with suitable garden space for him.

But since they have been separated, my Jack Russell seems extra needy and off her food.

Is she missing her companion? And what can I do to make things better for her?

She's never really alone as I work nights and my OH is at home and when he goes to work in the mornings I am coming home, so she's getting plenty of attention and extra affection from us.

Any help would be really great as I hate seeing her sad :(:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

Poor little thing..

Yes I would say she is missing her friend...

We had a fire some time back and our pets we separated for a while, we did bring them all together a couple of times a week and that helped...

Is there any way you can bring her for visits?, sometimes it also helps to have something with the other dog smell...

and just for now, to make sure she eats, give her stuff that she really likes and that you would normally keep for treats...Like i don't give my dogs tin food, but if they are sick, i do to make sure they eat.

Advertisement