Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to US Embassy

Options
  • 09-05-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have an appointment at the US embassy at 10 in the morning. I'll be driving up from Limerick and my plan was, if possible, to use one of the LUAS park and rides to save me driving into the city centre.

Could anyone tell me is there a luas stop anywhere close to the US embassy??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Embassy's in Ballsbridge which is about a 30 minute walk from st. Stephens green. Plenty of buses go that way though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Luas doesn't go anywhere near the US Embassy. The Green Line goes from Stephens Green out to Sandyford. The Red Line goes from Connolly Station & The O2 Arena out to Tallaght/Saggart. If you are coming up from Limerick, you can park at the Red Cow stop and ride the Red Line Luas into town. Your best bet would be to get off at Abbey St, walk over to O'Connell Bridge and get any one of a number of buses that go thru Ballsbridge. It will take about 20 mins. Or you could stay on the Luas to Connolly Station, get the Dart, get off at Landsdowne Rd, & walk up to the top of Landsdowne Rd & the embassy is right there. Getting the bus would be the quicker option of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If yoare u coming up from Limerick, you can park at the Red Cow stop and ride the Red Line Luas into town. Your best bet would be to get off at Abbey St, walk over to O'Connell Bridge and get any one of a number of buses that go thru Ballsbridge.

Thanks for the replies, Any idea what number busses to look out for??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

ProudDub is right - Luas to Abbey Street, hop off, wander up to O'Connell Bridge and then catch either the
    No.4,
    No.7,
    No.5 or
    No.8

Both the 4 and 7 are extremely regular. Just tell the driver you want to get off at the American Embassy - there's a stop just across the road.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

You could park in Connolly Station (€1.50 per hour or €7 for the day) and get the DART to Lansdown Road Station. The embassy is a 5 minute walk from there. When you factor in the price of a return ticket for the LUAS and the time and effort saved, it seems like a better option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

park at red cow, Luas to connolly, Dart to sandymount/landsdowne road. sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You could park in Connolly Station (€1.50 per hour or €7 for the day) and get the DART to Lansdown Road Station. The embassy is a 5 minute walk from there. When you factor in the price of a return ticket for the LUAS and the time and effort saved, it seems like a better option.

The OP has said he does not want to drive into the city centre. Even if he did, going to Connolly Station is madness imo. He'd have to drive down the quays to get to it. That takes years off your life even if you aren't doing at rush hour. If you are doing it at rush hour, it's hell. The Connolly station car park is also hard to find and get to if you don't know the area well.

If the OP does decide to drive into town, they may as well take the car all the way over to Ballsbridge, and park across the road from the Embassy at Jurys Hotel, or what ever it is called these days.

Advertisement