Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding bands !!!

Options
  • 09-05-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys

Looking for wedding bands,anyone have any recommendations ?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

daisy100 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Looking for wedding bands,anyone have any recommendations ?

Thank you :)
    Lebowski played at my cousins wedding last November. I thought they were brilliant. They played music to cater for everyone, and i noticed that if a particular style didn't seem to work, they changed to get the crowd on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Smash Hits were great at a wedding I was at recently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

Avalon are very good. They played at my wedding last year and two friends subsequently booked them for their wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭deeks

thomas01 wrote: »
    Avalon are very good. They played at my wedding last year and two friends subsequently booked them for their wedding.

Was at a wedding last week where Avalon played and have to say thought they were excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

My cousin has booked The Unusual Suspects for his wedding in December. Went to see them Saturday and I have to say I was very impressed. They're very accomplished with Ed O'Neill playing trumpet and keys and Peter Savage on drums, both of whom are playing years, despite their relatively young age. I didn't know the other three lads but one of the singers, Conor Cleere, was really excellent.

For their wedding setup, they have also Brendan Long playing trombone and Mick Quinlan playing trumpet.

They had a really big sound and made good choices of music. The place was hopping all night with the stuff they played. I'm really looking forward to hearing them at the wedding and would recommend them.

For my own wedding, I had Opus Pocus and they're just unbelievably good.

A lot of this depends on what kind of music you're into yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gjmartin

I know it all depends what kind of music you like but I saw 'The Back Beats' playing at the Bracken Court Hotel in Balbriggan last week and they were playing a lot of the great rock and roll hits as well as everything from Johnny Cash to Madness. They are a five piece with drums, bass, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and saxophone. I thought it was a great show everyone was up on their feet dancing or singing for the night. I am booking them for my parents 50th anniversary and I asked them about weddings since I know a few couples that are looking. They said that they would probably be able to undercut most bands out there at the minute. Their website is www.theback-beats.com and their number is 087 190 4076

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

^^^^^

Screen_Shot_2012_05_25_at_145315.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Brilliant band for a wedding.

http://www.bogthedonkey.com

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

gjmartin, lead singer of the back beats:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

gjmartin wrote: »
    I know it all depends what kind of music you like but I saw 'The Back Beats' playing at the Bracken Court Hotel in Balbriggan last week and they were playing a lot of the great rock and roll hits as well as everything from Johnny Cash to Madness. They are a five piece with drums, bass, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and saxophone. I thought it was a great show everyone was up on their feet dancing or singing for the night. I am booking them for my parents 50th anniversary and I asked them about weddings since I know a few couples that are looking. They said that they would probably be able to undercut most bands out there at the minute. Their website is www.theback-beats.com and their number is 087 190 4076

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzz.
    On a side note, the weather is very Shilly today (sorry for the spelling the C is broken on my keyboard) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ellieb13

If your looking for a band for your wedding have you considered using an entertainment agency? i used www.functionjunction.co.uk and they were brilliant. They have loads of wedding bands covering different genres and have sound clips on their website so you can get a real taste of what to expect!

Check it out! and let me know what you think!

Hope you find the perfect band for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

The wedding I was at over the weekend had Brand New Cadillac (I think). Good band and played a wide variety of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShannonA

Was recommended by a friend but cannot find any reviews online for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

ShannonA wrote: »
    Was recommended by a friend but cannot find any reviews online for them!

I'd say she meant Carousel, I've heard the name mentioned before but I've never heard them play

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

Recommend Johnny b and the boogie men, only seen them in pub gigs but I know they did a good few weddings this year. http://www.weddingbandlist.com/bandinfo/johnnyb.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I'd say she meant Carousel, I've heard the name mentioned before but I've never heard them play
    No. It is Carouse. Brilliant wedding band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fagan4

Got married on Saturday and had Goodfellas as our band I couldn't recommend them enough they were super. So professional and the dance floor was jammed all night!!! I'd highly recommend them!!

Advertisement