Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the cheapest Dump for stuff even if nessary to go to next county

Options
  • 09-05-2012 11:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Moved house to swords down sized needed to with less work drop in income

Now stuck with too much stuff .The new place took some of the stuff as I dont know what was best to keep my stuff their stuff or my stuff and now I regret it now as didn't know dumping gear was so expensive

I got a large queen size double bed with base to dump the bring center in the Malahide region want €28 just to dump that. I forgot to ask them the prices for the rest still in state of shock .The rest is two sofa three and 2 person sizes. It seems the selling market is so bad that nobody will buy this crap so its off off to the dump
    The small fridge cost nothing as its electric item
    Years ago used to just go to dump and pay nothing and throw it over the edge

It seems that all dumping has changed and get this beds are classed as medical waste and need to be burned as medical waste or some such double speak the dumps have for gouging us joe soaps

Anyway I can take the stuff to outer regions of Dublin or Co Meath if there is free or cheaper dump there like Grange Gorman or Ashbourne or similar

(Toungue in cheekm)Alternatively I could just wait for the revolution and drive into town to give the rioters something extra to burn when the revolution comes .
    Just kidding need to bin the stuff now as going to Cork for one year and rented the new gaff out for the year starting next week

Lucky the new job comes with van so moving the stuff isn't the problem just the issue where to move it too and no I ant interested to do dump and run methods.The vans logo is to easy to spot and the van has GPS videos and all sorts of security that gets beamed back to base so cant do anything without bosses permissions

If I am forced to go to bring center my plan was to get my mate to take my small car to the dump site then take stuff from the van and we load up the car with the gear outside the entrance to the bring center and hopefully pay less for small car dumping than van dumping prices

No asking me to drive stuff to strange places as the van has GPS to the boss and I need special permissions from boss to go of the routes of the van and boss even can send signal to kill engine of the van if the van goes goes astray

Derry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you thought of contacting your local St Vincent de Paul committee to see if they would have need of the household items?
    It could save you money & also help others in need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

I have in the past contacted various charities to dispose of stuff

Generally charity shops say what they want is near to new and perfect stuff such as stuff that shops could not sell or new with some small blemish like a small tear.They say if they took everything people offered they would need millions of warehouses in Dublin as most all the stuff is junk even the poor folk wont have in their gaffs.
    To be honest the sofas although reasonable condition are horrible pucky colored chocolate brown leather ?? or fake leather not sure and one has some small region 6 inches long one inch wide with white paint marks where paint brush landed on it and not all paint was cleaned off properly and the furniture is probably age of this house 15 years old. If as I originally planned I would keep them I would have to have covered them with some other cloth with better color like pink or florescent orange or something anything except chocolate brown
    If I was living here I would keep it as my own three peace seat and this set are great total of ten places to sit not counting five chairs as the main room is huge easily fits all the seats and great if I had friends over
    But the new job is in Cork so got to go there rent a gaff there which comes furnished The rent agent says for my gaff that the renter people only want the nice seats I brought with me so got to bin these extra sofa seats .Storage is too expensive just spent 500 on storing my own junk for the last year while I searched for new place
    That time last year I binned lots of stuff beds fridege washing machines dish washer and so forth as charity said then they didn't want it

Now if you know a charity that wants it they got to come and take this stuff as I can only get permission for the van to go to certain named dump site on a certain day and a supervisor will have to with me for non business activity. Seems years ago the lads used the company vans in the evening for nixxers and clapped out the fleet long before the expected replacement dates . Now there is ban on evening private use for the vans

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ah well, it was just a thought... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

derry wrote: »
    years ago the lads used the company vans in the evening for nixxers and clapped out the fleet long before the expected replacement dates . Now there is ban on evening private use for the vans
    It may be more to do with insurance cover than wear and tear on the vehicles. Many insurance companies will only insure commercial vehicles when used explicitly in connection with one's business and not for any sort of private use.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

jumbletown, put pics up onto the site and people will take it for free, most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

VW recycling centre in Drogheda take pretty much everything if its stripped down for the grand total of two quid. Mattress maybe not but the rest can be stripped to the wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Put it up on adverts.ie for free
    Itll be snapped up pdq;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Kelly stoat is the manager of friends of Autism and ADHD, she has a man with a van, she will come along and take what ever she thinks she can sell , and it all goes back to the communtiy, her number is <snip>, thats her work number, its public on filers etc.Any problems pm me.THB, if I cant ut the number up can you remove it and give me a rap on the knuckles. :))
    Cathy

@cathy01

Thanks for the info

I think I got lucky today bumped into I guy in swords who I freguently meet on Sundays when I got to Balbriggan .
    Told him my story and he says he needs and wants the stuff except the mattresses
    So today took the mattress to the dump cost me €24 euros eg €16 for the double and €8 for the single bed mattress

so this weekend he says he will get his mates van and he comes to collect the stuff

If not then Sunday night I will go for gumtree free stuff solutions or the Kelly Stoats solution

I will PM you for the number on sunday if I need it

THx

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Pacon waste in Balbriggan are now doing a Bring centre. Seen the ad in the Drogheda Leader I think it was €100 for a full van load to get rid of. Cheap considering the amount you would get in a large van. Hope it's of some help to you.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys got rid of all the stuff to my friends house.

At least It found a good home and wont be binned

Derry

Advertisement