Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone identify this plant for me ?

Options
  • 09-05-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I got this plant off a friend.. he didn't know the name of it but got it up at a market near the point depot (o2) a while back..

He pruned it back before he gave it to me... so there was a woody stem which produced a flower last summer. The leaves are very like dock leaves..
    but i've no idea what its called...

all i know is since i planted it out its rampant !
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Wonder is it a Lactuca virosa (wild lettuce)?

Lactuca_virosa______________29_03_2006_2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nottooxabi

Wonder is it a Lactuca virosa (wild lettuce)?

nope i know for sure its not that (wikipedia), thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

nottooxabi wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I got this plant off a friend.. he didn't know the name of it but got it up at a market near the point depot (o2) a while back..

He pruned it back before he gave it to me... so there was a woody stem which produced a flower last summer. The leaves are very like dock leaves..

Thanks

Reminds me kind of a verbascum

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

nottooxabi wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks

Reminds me of a kind of a verbascum

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Its Burdock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If the seedheads had been pruned off it before you got it it could not be rampant now. There are a good few weeds look very similar to such as Verbascum and you could be seeing two different plants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Looks like Dock to me. Dig it up and burn it!

Advertisement