Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any known problems with Tesco Mobile today?

Options
  • 09-05-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Last hour or so cannot seem to be able to send text messages

What's the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

vicwatson wrote: »

What's the story?

Hi Vic

No known issues with texting. Can you please contact customer care who can look into your acount or your location (site).

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx or on 0894200000

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What's the story?

No issues like that with Three:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No issues like that with Three:D:D:D:D:D

No with Three you NEVER get send text messages - forget only the last hour !

Hi Vic

No known issues with texting. Can you please contact customer care who can look into your acount or your location (site).

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx or on 0894200000

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul,

Contacted the CC and very helpful person there told me that the message centre number was wrong, it's a weird long number, I didn't do anything to change it so don't know what happened there, I told her that it wasn't highlighted and couldn't amend it, she checked to see if it was because I was on the phone and she confirmed it was and gave me the new number to enter, however when I hung up the message centre number is STILL NOT highlighted and cannot change it - any ideas on the problem?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Today I've had a really bad call connection. A few calls have dropped and the call connection was broken when I happened to get through. It hasn't been like this since I signed up a couple of months ago - the only reason I moved to TM was because I get a good reception on O2. Hope this is a temporary thing.

Also, regarding data usage, the last two weeks have been appalling.
    It takes over a minute to download a webpage, sometimes not at all.

This month I've barely used 100mb out of a 1gb available usage. Not for want of trying - it just doesn't work and has been quite infuriating, so I just really haven't bothered with a this arduous process. Surely some light web browsing isn't asking a whole lot from a provider! Even when it does work intermittantly, the speeds are dire.

I'll give this network a few more weeks and consider another move if it's not up to a reasonable standard one should expect from a provider.

• Advertisement

This month I've barely used 100mb out of a 1gb available usage. Not for want of trying - it just doesn't work and has been quite infuriating, so I just really haven't bothered with a this arduous process. Surely some light web browsing isn't asking a whole lot from a provider! Even when it does work intermittantly, the speeds are dire

Have to agree there.

As for my problem with text messages, I switched off my phone and switched it on again and went to change the message centre number and lo behold the number that the CC girl gave me was installed on the phone, and my text messages are working again - what the hell happened there I wonder?

Thanks Paul,

Contacted the CC and very helpful person there told me that the message centre number was wrong, it's a weird long number, I didn't do anything to change it so don't know what happened there, I told her that it wasn't highlighted and couldn't amend it, she checked to see if it was because I was on the phone and she confirmed it was and gave me the new number to enter, however when I hung up the message centre number is STILL NOT highlighted and cannot change it - any ideas on the problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi Vic,

If you didnt change the message centre number not sure what could have happenend. Did you upgrade your phone?

The SMS message centre number is +353894300000

What phone do you have?

regards
    Paul

du Maurier wrote: »
    Today I've had a really bad call connection. A few calls have dropped and the call connection was broken when I happened to get through. It hasn't been like this since I signed up a couple of months ago - the only reason I moved to TM was because I get a good reception on O2. Hope this is a temporary thing.

This month I've barely used 100mb out of a 1gb available usage. Not for want of trying - it just doesn't work and has been quite infuriating, so I just really haven't bothered with a this arduous process. Surely some light web browsing isn't asking a whole lot from a provider! Even when it does work intermittantly, the speeds are dire.

I'll give this network a few more weeks and consider another move if it's not up to a reasonable standard one should expect from a provider.

Hi there,

As has been discussed on other threads in this forum the data issue should be resolved this week - the download bottleneck is removed but there is still a routing issue with uploads that when resolved will clear the issue.

On your call drops can I ask that you please log some information here (time of call, destination number etc). There is no known issue with call completion so if an issue has developed your information will help us resolve.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭GIMP

Hi Paul

My partner and I have had call dropping issues too lately, usually mid call we get error in connection to each other and other networks and landlines. Both of us have full coverage in Dublin.

I also noticed sometimes it can take 3 or 4 attempts before an outbound call is sucessful.

I will take note the time and date the next time it happens.

Hi Vic,

If you didnt change the message centre number not sure what could have happenend. Did you upgrade your phone?

The SMS message centre number is +353894300000

What phone do you have?

regards
    Paul

Samsung SGS 19000

Never touched the message number, when I was talking to cc I looked at it and it was like +32 and had about 12 digits after it. It changed back to the one you quoted when I switched off and on the phone. I updated the firmware about 2 weeks ago but all has been fine since I did that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement