Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da Robertas salthill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

Was there this week with a LS voucher. Ordered two pizzas, both were a soggy, fatty mess. The reason for this was the cheese, which was disgusting, akin to a cheap fatty cheddar which ruined the pizza (dough).

Being fair, I've been there many times and know they do good pizza but not this time. When I complained they admitted they were using an emergency supply :rolleyes: as they had run out of their normal pizza cheese. They tried to apoligise there way out of it, but I demanded a refund and they said they wouldn't use the LS code, which could be redeemed at another time.

Bad food, bad service, don't really want to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭johnsds

Was there this week with a LS voucher. Ordered two pizzas, both were a soggy, fatty mess. The reason for this was the cheese, which was disgusting, akin to a cheap fatty cheddar which ruined the pizza (dough).

Being fair, I've been there many times and know they do good pizza but not this time. When I complained they admitted they were using an emergency supply :rolleyes: as they had run out of their normal pizza cheese.

Was it blueish kinda looking cheese??

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

No greasy yellow, cheddar colour. Hope that was blue cheese on yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Very disappointed to hear these negative comments about one of my favourite restaurants. They're never anything fancy, but they have been very consistent over many years and reasonable value... even during a time when everyone else was gauging during the tiger. I generally order take away and will be be ordering this Valentines. It has been several months since we last ate there. I'll be sure to report back if they have truly gone this downhill from many past experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Has this place improved? I know it got new management last year or so but has the quality of food and service improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

We did order on Valentines and it was lovely. My wife was a bit disappointed there were only 5 ravioli but they were large and she was full at the end. I always order the frutti del mare which was a gargantuan portion. Being it was Valentines I was just happy to be fed, it's probably a tough night. Everything tasted good and is much as I remember it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've been going there for years and always liked the food there. The staff were never the nicest though and never made any effort to be friendly especially since I was a recurring costumer. Recently though they have this new waitor and he has really long bushy hair and doesn't tie it up and I just think it's really unhygienic if he's serving food. He's swooshing it around like he's Lauerence Llewelyn Bowen.

Advertisement