Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DV6119(Us) died

Options
  • 09-05-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I hope this is in the right place. I have a DV6000 the 6119 (us) model and it is not powering up for me. When i press the on button the lights turn on for a few seconds but that is all that happens. I have checked the screen inverter someone mentioned this to me and it is okay and working fine. The hard drive, fan etc do not even attempt to turn on. I am hoping someone can help me or tell me what else i can check for.

I also have another HP 6735s and the motherboard blew last week so i am hoping i can get my dv6100 fixed rather than having to replace the motherboard in the 6735s as these are expensive and would probably be cheaper to buy a new laptop.

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Can you start it in safe mode or get into the BIOS? If not the best thing to do is take it to a repair shop that does free estimates, and find out what is definitely wrong-may not be the motherboard. As you're in Clare, somewhere like this would look at for you.

Advertisement