Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for planning/making your own BARF diet

• 09-05-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Found this really good site. If you are interested in feeding your dog on a raw diet but not sure on what to do or how to start then have a look.

It tells you how much to feed based on the age/weight and activity the dog takes.

http://www.dogsfirst.ie/makingdogfood/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Is the only way to input weights by using the slide? If so then I'm finding it very hard to calculate for my tiny JRT, so far she's getting 100g a day total but the units the website seems to calculate in are 100g so no way of calculating an accurate dinner for her :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭DogsFirst

Is the only way to input weights by using the slide? If so then I'm finding it very hard to calculate for my tiny JRT, so far she's getting 100g a day total but the units the website seems to calculate in are 100g so no way of calculating an accurate dinner for her :(

Dagnabbit TMD! That is my achilles heel and you go straight to it!!!!!

We have had immense amount of issues for that page. There is a huge amount of programming behind the screens to achieve the results on the other end. So far the slider bars are the only way to work it. This means we have problems accross ipads, androids to laptops, trying to make them all happy.

Inputting data is certainly coming but not right now. We need smarter (more expensive) people. Thus tiny dogs are going to have a problem for the moment.

You'll have to stick with the whole 20% of their body weight each week for the moment.

Sorry TMD, reckon you got it down anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

DogsFirst - You need to request a right of reply if you wish to answer questions about your site on the Forum. E-mail: hello@boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

DogsFirst wrote: »
    Dagnabbit TMD! That is my achilles heel and you go straight to it!!!!!

Sorry TMD, reckon you got it down anyway!!

Sorry!! :) Trust me to find the one weakness! Was looking at the recipe guide more out of curiously than anything else anyway. Very nice site though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

I am sure you could sort out the site using ms access or excel type of program to get the
    figures right for small dogs.
    Just a input of data from the user and they get the answer.?

• Advertisement
Advertisement