Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalid security hash, redirection cannot continue

Options
  • 09-05-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

I get this message when I click on any external links posted - it's very annoying, and only recently started.

Chrome browser, windows 7 os.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. Please link to the post where you're clicking the links from, without that I can do nothing but tell you that there isn't a known issue with external redirection.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. Please link to the post where you're clicking the links from, without that I can do nothing but tell you that there isn't a known issue with external redirection.

Danny

here's the latest one i tried

linky clicked on the buy it on steam hyperlink

(altho' the halfords link in this post worked ok for some reason just now but the parrot specs link in the same post did not)

All of those links are working fine. When you encounter the error, please copy and paste the URL from your address bar into a post on this thread, along with the post that you clicked the link from.

Thanks,

Danny

All of those links are working fine. When you encounter the error, please copy and paste the URL from your address bar into a post on this thread, along with the post that you clicked the link from.

Thanks,

Danny

url : https://www.boards.ie/out?f=1105&url=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmRvd25sb2FkLnA0Yy5waGlsaXBzLmNvbSUyRmZpbGVzJTJGZCUyRmRzMzUwMF8wNSUyRmRzMzUwMF8wNV9wc3NfZW5nLnBkZg&h=dcab4

post (link was number 19 on that list

I see now, your link is actually missing data and I have a feeling it's your browser configuration at fault.

Can you tell me the following:

Your operating system
    Your browser
    Your browser version
    The names of any plugins/addons/extensions you have installed

Thanks,

Danny

• Advertisement

Hi there,

A fix has gone in for this issue, links should work for you again. I'm still interested in knowing all the information I requested in the above post though, so if you get a chance to reply it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for the bug report.

Danny

Your operating system - Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit)
    Your browser - Chrome
    Your browser version - 19.0.1084.46 m
    The names of any plugins/addons/extensions you have installed - AdBlock, DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 <video>, HTTPS Everywhere 2012.5.1 (was thinking myself that this could be the issue?), Keep My Opt-Outs, Logitech Flow Scroll 4.0.33, Speed Dial 2.1

by the by, when I opened boards this evening, the attached shows what happened. clicking on load anyway gets normal boards home page....

similar message when the attachment pop-up screen opened...

edit : the error message at top left of screen says "this page has insecure content" with two clickable buttons Don't Load (recommended) or Load anyway - arrow from the https portion so i assume it's https anywhere that is causing the error message? have turned it off now to see if that changes anything...

turning off https everywhere seems to have solved it....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement