Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6mm laminate flooring

• 09-05-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,
    I rent out a house to students (or at least try to!), and am thinking of putting down laminate flooring in the bedrooms. Have been looking at 6mm in Homebase - anyone any suggestions on this? Is it too thin? For students will they wreck it or is it sufficeint given who's going to be in the rooms? Should I go for thicker flooring i.e. 8mm or 10 mm instead?
    All feedback appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Instead of just looking at the thickness, look at the grade.
    Laminate flooring has an AC grade assigned to it to designate how durable it is.
    The grades run from 1-5 1 is the softest and 5 is commercial grade.
    I fitted some Sensa brand laminate and it just happened to be grade 4 which is incredibly durable compared to solid or engineered (veneered ply).
    If I was fitting out a student house I would definately try and get as durable a grade as possible.
    AC4 should be nigh on indestructible under normal conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lifestyle flooring

Friday09 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I rent out a house to students (or at least try to!), and am thinking of putting down laminate flooring in the bedrooms. Have been looking at 6mm in Homebase - anyone any suggestions on this? Is it too thin? For students will they wreck it or is it sufficeint given who's going to be in the rooms? Should I go for thicker flooring i.e. 8mm or 10 mm instead?
    All feedback appreciated

An AC4 board with 30y2 warranty in 8mm . This is your best option . I sell alot of this myself to landlords. How many metres are you doing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

An AC4 board with 30y2 warranty in 8mm . This is your best option . I sell alot of this myself to landlords. How many metres are you doing ?

i also sell kandel 8mm with a 30year "domestic" warrentee

as i said in the other thread i'll beat any quote

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

lads,if you want to sell stuff then go to adverts.ie.

You are not allowed to advertize here. so show some respect for the rules and also for the members too.

Advertisement