Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the going rate for childminders/nanny in Dublin city?

Options
  • 09-05-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I've been asked to look after four children, all under age of ten for the summer in Sandymount.

I'm not sure what the going rate is per day...

I'm a female in late 20's with lots of exp, first aid, etc..

Would appreciate all opinions on rates etc?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

For that I would be looking for €10 per hour, a day rate would vary depending on hours. It would also depend what is expected of you, doing housework, cooking, laundry etc. and four children of different ages means that you will have four different sets of needs to cater for too which is not easy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Minimum wage would apply and legally they would be required to pay your prsi.
    If it is only for the summer then see what they are offering but I also think 10 euro an hur sounds reasonable.

Advertisement