Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor bill pay customer

Options
  • 09-05-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I received this message a few moments ago

"We are now enabling your account so you can roam and make international calls. If you would not like this change made to your account, freetext 'cancel' to 50100 by 17th May. Otherwise, we will enable your account by May 31st.To opt out, freetext UNSUB to 50010."

Does this change my contract, will I be charged extra or should I opt out. Would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

jm0903 wrote: »

"We are now enabling your account so you can roam and make international calls. If you would not like this change made to your account, freetext 'cancel' to 50100 by 17th May. Otherwise, we will enable your account by May 31st.To opt out, freetext UNSUB to 50010."

Does this change my contract, will I be charged extra or should I opt out. Would appreciate any advice.

I think its a change to your contract, but only if you choose it!

It won't let you get out of your contract early if that's what your thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jm0903

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    jm0903 wrote: »

I think its a change to your contract, but only if you choose it!

It won't let you get out of your contract early if that's what your thinking.

No I just want to know if I'm going to be chargered more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

OP, You probably signed up approx 6 months / 4 months ago to Meteor.
    Basically when you sign up to a Bill Pay phone they disable roaming so you don't go off and load up a huge bill straight away etc. Its off by default. Sometimes in a shop they will ask you for a deposit but if you are in good credit rating they allow it straight away....ON REQUEST

They are not changing your contract, simply they are enabling a feature that's off by default.
    No you won't be charged any more, your line rental will stay the same and you will just be able to make international roaming calls without having to ring them prior to your departure....if you are lucky enough to be going on holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jm0903

That's grand so thought was gonna be charged extra thanks for the help

Advertisement