Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Gabel transgender.

Options
  • 09-05-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't notice any other thread on this.
    Against Me's Tom Gabel is transgender and plans to live as a woman.

Punk singer to stay with her wife and begin hormone and electrolysis treatment soon, she tells Rolling Stone Magazine.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/may/09/against-me-tom-gabel-transgender?newsfeed=true

At first I thought this was an old article and was some kind of Aprils fool joke, I know Gabel has alluded to this in lyrics but never knew that he suffered from this.

I gotta say it takes some amount of balls (no pun intended) for him to come out with this, while they are not a huge band they would be well known in America so he is going to receive a lot of attention, I also wonder how it will be received in the scene they are involved in.

As an Against Me! fan I will be surprised to see the band continue on after this but it will be interesting to see what Gabel does.

Well Done Tom Gabel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Didn't notice any other thread on this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/may/09/against-me-tom-gabel-transgender?newsfeed=true

At first I thought this was an old article and was some kind of Aprils fool joke, I know Gabel has alluded to this in lyrics but never knew that he suffered from this.

I gotta say it takes some amount of balls (no pun intended) for him to come out with this, while they are not a huge band they would be well known in America so he is going to receive a lot of attention, I also wonder how it will be received in the scene they are involved in.

As an Against Me! fan I will be surprised to see the band continue on after this but it will be interesting to see what Gabel does.

Well Done Tom Gabel.

Against Me! are playing festivals over the summer, so I presume they're presumably carrying on with producing music.

I'm not a fan of their newer music, much prefer Axl Rose album to anything since then really, so don't think it would affect how I view them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Never listened to the band, but fair play to her! ;)

Advertisement