Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to find out if this is a plant.

Options
  • 09-05-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I am at present trying to bring an old Victorian ceiling back to its former glory days, but there is a plant on both ends of the ceiling, I have tried in vain to get a picture so I would be able to pick out the leaves and flower (the flower may be at seed stage),

there is also in the centre of the ceiling what looks to be like a large laurel wreath (but this could be completely wrong) any help would be fantastic as I would like to get the project started as soon as possible, I am guessing it will take quite some time to pick out the colours and hopefully get it back to what it used to look like.

I have taken pictures and got them sent to my email is it ok for me to copy and paste them here.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Loads of people put up pics for identification, so don't see why not (I'm not a mod here so this is an unofficial opinion). The thing in the middle is probably a laurel wreath, a common enough image used.

Is this a relief plaster ceiling - we might be able to identify plants but you could possibly get an answer in arts and crafts too. Could the thing that looks like seeds be a grapevine?

Advertisement