Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferret

• 09-05-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hiya!

We got a ferret, lovely little thing :)

But i have never had a ferret before and know very little about them, i have done some research and learned about food, housing etc.

But i am stuck with something, she is very friendly, I can play with her, after just two weeks she comes when i call her etc...

But I have to wear gloves, she is not aggressive, but as soon as she smells skin she bits, once she realizes its me, she lets go, but still she bits if she sees skin.

What can i do to stop this behavior?

Also was looking at leads, what is the best the vest type ones or the harness type ones?

Thank you all:)

Comments

Handle Handle Handle. No gloves , if she bites scruff the neck and say no (harshly). Just keep this up. She will learn. They are very smart.

My ferrets , i have never been bitten. I can even open the mouth and but my fingers in and nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

Handle Handle Handle. No gloves , if she bites scruff the neck and say no (harshly). Just keep this up. She will learn. They are very smart.

My ferrets , i have never been bitten. I can even open the mouth and but my fingers in and nothing.

No gloves, but she bites lol...

Other then that she is as good as gold...:)

What about a vest or a harness for walking, any advice...

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 21 moses13

You will find loads of helpful advice and people to talk to that have ferrets on this site: http://www.irishferretforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

moses13 wrote: »
    You will find loads of helpful advice and people to talk to that have ferrets on this site: http://www.irishferretforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?

thank you...:)

I saw that some time ago, then lost it...:o

Advertisement