Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied maths - differential equations without substitution this year!

• 09-05-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

So this is the first year without substitution. How are they going to change the questions? Our teacher hasn't gone into much detail about it as he likely doesn't know what's happening. He just said to focus on questions without substitution. Any predictions for the type?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Same as our teacher then, she said all they got was a letter "very vaguely" saying there'll be no substitutions from now on as its not on the honours maths course...
    but like how are we supposed to do part B's (greatest height, times, etc) if there's no substitution?
    The only good thing is that I could never really do the ones where time goes to infinity.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

I'm not sure it's a good thing. You'd think it'll be easy now but I'm sure they'll make the question just as hard as it was before by bringing in something new. Which makes it even harder since it's new :D

Or.... it could just be really easy :rolleyes:

Advertisement