Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Groupon deal for Laser Eye surgery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mprgst78

Spam

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fairbridge

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Think you might get it cheaper in the UK.
    Don't like sending people to other countries to spend a large sum of money but Ireland just hasn't caught up to competition that can be in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pinkmonkey045

fairbridge wrote: »
    hey I found this deal on groupon today http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/Lumivision-Laser-Eye-Clinic/5535776

What do you guys think? I have been wanting to have laser eye surgery for many years and my friend has told me good things about this clinic.
    I am tempted! I don't see why it's any different to other clinics, and it's s lot better than the 4 grand they usually want. But I'd want an assessment first! Any reviews if the place welcome...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fairbridge

Ive booked an assessment for myself, so I can see how the clinic is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

I got the same deal and am getting my surgery there next week, pretty nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Shills

Has anyone had surgery done here before??

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

mprgst78 wrote: »
    Spam
    Thats a bit ironic coming from you, your Optilase are just as bad for spamming althought i do agree with you on this one. This forum is notorious for it.

These deals just go to demonstrate how much people are still being ripped off for laser eye surgery.

Normal price 2290, deal 1199 of which 50% goes to groupon so they make €599.

If they can do it for 559 and still make a profit how much are they ripping people off by charging their normal price of €2290!

And why do they charge more for a 5 Diopter perscription over a 4 diopter prescription when there is no extra cost to them?

I'm not aiming this at lumivision, just laser eye clinics in general

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What's the difference between that procedure & this?
    http://www.opticalexpress.ie/laser-eye-surgery/payment-and-finance-options.html
    Which funnily enough I found on an advert here as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭insebayguy

Hi Fairbridge and Caoimhin, I had an eye exam in Lumivision yesterday evening. I'm fairly happy with the price and Dr Jain seemed like a sound guy who knew what he was about but I'm still a bit weary (you only get 1 set of eyes!).
    Have either of you had the surgery done yet..? Could you please let mek now how you got on if you did and whether or not you'd recommend them..?
    Thanks guys.

insebayguy wrote: »
    Hi Fairbridge and Caoimhin, I had an eye exam in Lumivision yesterday evening. I'm fairly happy with the price and Dr Jain seemed like a sound guy who knew what he was about but I'm still a bit weary (you only get 1 set of eyes!).
    Have either of you had the surgery done yet..? Could you please let mek now how you got on if you did and whether or not you'd recommend them..?
    Thanks guys.
    answered you on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pinkmonkey045

insebayguy wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

I think people should be wary. If they are doing a deal.... Who knows if they're business is crap and they will close.

I posted way back when in this thread. I thought I would give an update if anyone is reading, not knowing what to do etc.

The groupon really got it in my head, but i ended up getting it done in ultralase. While the initial quote was maybe 4300 euro or something I got it for 3100 (I am an amazing deal maker!! But I also got it done very quickly so the slotting in when it suited them was why also). 1000 up front and rest on a 2 year interest free. And then I got another 300 off for paying the remaining in full a few months ago. And I got the top of the range... Ultra plus (why anyone would choose a mediocre treatment is beyond me). Laser was life changing and ultralase was ... Nice modern and outwardly very impressive so I felt safe. I hope my vision stays good I sometimes question, but to be fair they have been good and I'm BEYOND happy I didn't go
    for the groupon. There's my update. Hope it helps. If other people got it gone there u shud post too. Maybe I'm wrong. Good luck all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

I've got a few referral vouchers for €150 off for Optical Express. If you're thinking of getting surgery done soon, let me know and I'll send them on. Be aware that the vouchers are only redeemable within the next 3 weeks.

Advertisement