Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone withdraw from Credit union in my name?

Options
  • 09-05-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

(Mods, if in wrong forum, please move :))

I'm not able to take time off work during the weekdays and need to take money from my account, is it possible for someone else to withdraw in my name and what would be required?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No two credit unions are the same, you'll need to phone and ask for the procedure that's acceptable to them. One way or another you will need to sign either a letter (authorising person X to withdraw the cash) or the official CU withdrawal form and get the person to go along and withdraw the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Slugs wrote: »
    (Mods, if in wrong forum, please move :))

I'm not able to take time off work during the weekdays and need to take money from my account, is it possible for someone else to withdraw in my name and what would be required?

Thanks in advance :)

Is it not open on saturdays ? mine is just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you can also check if your credit union provides online facilitys. mine does and allows me arrange a bank transfer online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

No, can't get down to it on saturday and it's not open.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Beala

I have been able to get someone else to withdraw from my credit union account on a couple of occasions. All you require is to send in a letter with the person with all your details and request that the named person be allowed to withdraw whatever amount from your account. I think I gave them my credit union book also. Probably shouldn't be allowed really but I managed to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement