Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Place Like Dome 15-17th June

Options
  • 09-05-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Anyone heading this year? I'm lucky enough in that I'm finished the leaving cert by the time it's on. It's a bit of a drive up from Kerry, but it should be great. Anyone going in costume? I'll prob try my best Dude.

http://www.npld.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

won't be in costume but will be there. Final lineup announced on Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

yep heading up on the Thursday nite,. Staying in a campervan this year. looking at the weather recently its a safe bet. falls nicely btw the 2 Ireland games. Stop for the game on the thursday on the way up to npld and hopefully home on Monday nite for another Ireland game.

Interesting to see if the layout is different this year

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

What're the camping facilities like up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Fairly basic. You must bring everything as they dont provide food or drink. cant remeber if there was showers at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

heading up yeah,nice info on the ireland game was thinking bout it just before i opened this,anyone know can u arrive thursday nite early friday morning and get into the venue?

• Advertisement

question re: tickets
    Do they send them out to you or do you have to print them off? I paid for mine like 3 weeks ago, not sure what the story is.

hacx wrote: »
    question re: tickets
    Do they send them out to you or do you have to print them off? I paid for mine like 3 weeks ago, not sure what the story is.

print them off,you should have the mail now tho,we got ours?

Yeah, I dropped them an email about it and they resent them. Dunno why I never got them in the first place.

there was a bit of a hold with ours aswell tho,you know nything bout security up there,car park an all that?

Haven't the foggiest. They really should have a forum on the official site or something.

• Advertisement

true,no real info nywhere,looking forward to it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ShelTomato

There should be plenty of places to park, I remember cars being dotted in between tents last year. A bunch of us hired a mini bus to bring us from Dublin on the Friday and back Monday, less than €30 each return, still 4 seats available *wink wink* would be handy if they had a carpool forum on their website, their Facebook page is helpful though if ya's wanna ask any question there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Will there be brown sauce bunnies there?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

What, pray, is a brown sauce bunny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RichardDevitt

Anyone driving from Cork on the Friday to this place after work? Me and one other are looking for some form of transport at around 4 or so from Cork city. Would be amazing if anyone could help!

I'm gonna be driving up from Kerry. If you could get to Limerick, I could pick ye up.

Anyone driving from Cork on the Friday to this place after work? Me and one other are looking for some form of transport at around 4 or so from Cork city. Would be amazing if anyone could help!

Ha! Hello Richie, fancy seeing you here :P

hacx, your my hero! About what time would we need to be in Limerick, so I can check how I can get there and what time it will take, as I won't be able to leave Cork city until 4ish and hopefully get to Limerick for 5? Does this suit.

And hello ShelTomato, it's been a while! :P

Ah, I'm going to be going through limerick at about one and arriving at the site about five.

Ack! My hopes.. They're ruined! Not to worry, we shall try to find a different means of getting there ;)

• Advertisement

so what did ye all think of it??

possibly the best weekend of my life.
    It was the tits.

It was unfreaking believable, especially the scorching sun on the Sunday :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

PLEASE READ. ANYONE WHO WAS AT "NO PLACE LIKE DOME" OR KNOWS PEOPLE WHO WERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DJ bag went missing early on Sunday morning between approx. 6am-7am somewhere around the Living Room tent and the campsite. I eventually found it discarded in the car park this morning completely empty, meaning someone at the festival stole the contents which included a Macbook Pro, external hard drive, serato, records, midi controllers, headphones, needles and basically my entire life... This is particularly sickening given the community ethos of NPLD. I was playing for free in the spirit of the event. I don't steal from people and if it had been me who found the bag I would have made sure to find its owner.

If anyone has any information at all that might help lead me to my stuff I would be eternally grateful. Even if I could afford to replace the hardware (which I can't) I lost an enormous amount of music and projects I had been working on that I can never get back.

The bag is a grey, one strap shoulder bag. Where I found the bag wasn't near any tents so its possible the contents were taken out in the open and someone may have seen something.

You can get me on 087-9513326 or paddy.ohalpin@gmail.com

Thank you for reading.

PS If the person who stole it is reading this PLEASE at least post me the external hard drive.

30 Camden Lock
    Ringsend
    Dublin 4

Heard about this, fair play to everyone that's reposting this and getting word out, it's feckin scaldy, hope it turns up, or at least they have the decency to send back his hard drive anonymously

bad form on that stop,what a ****ty thing to do,but not surprising,seems no matter where you go now that kind of stuff happens.

nyone bump into a guy in teenwolf outfit?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

nyone bump into a guy in teenwolf outfit?

I do recall seeing him at least one of the days. Why?

I uploaded most of my pics here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fresh6000/sets/72157630193522012/

Advertisement