Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sealing a chicken breast

Options
  • 09-05-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Just wondering if i seal a chicken breast tonight with egg and breadcrumbs is it safe to wait until the mornin before finishing cooking. I plan to put it in a slower cooker.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

I really would not recommend that.

You can however egg and breadcrumb the chicken and leave on a plate (covered) in the fridge.
    Coated chicken is something you want crispy on the outside, no ? I don't think a slow cooker would achieve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

Well i have to pan fry for two minutes or less either side to seal it and of course make the bread stick but im just worried that because im cooking the outside that little bit and the inside will still be raw is there a chance of food poisoning? I've done it from the pan to cooker straight away and it was beautiful, its just the long gap inbetween im worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if in doubt, as it's a 5 minute job, why not just do it when you plan on doing the rest of the cooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

Well its to bring into to the canteen at work, think I'll just do it in the mornin - not gonna take the risk :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Like others have said - it is not advisable. Also we do not provide food safety advice in this forum

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement