Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chicken Kievs

• 09-05-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

I really hate when im cookin 2 garlic and chive chicken kievs in the oven, only to take them out and all the sauce has escaped out and is in the tray..

fúckin nightmare.

What do you hate about food..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

When two foods that should be kept separate on the plate touch each other, like mashed potatoes and certain sauces.

*gets goosebumps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

neil_hosey wrote: »
    I really hate when im cookin 2 garlic and chive chicken kievs in the oven, only to take them out and all the sauce has escaped out and is in the tray..

fúckin nightmare.

You have the oven to hot and are overcooking them.

I hate having to cook food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I hate the way it judges me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

hondasam wrote: »
    You have the oven to hot and are overcooking them.

I hate having to cook food.

i will test this. thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

bulimia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I hate when I get a bigmac and forget to take the gherkin out. Bloody awful yokes.

When two foods that should be kept separate on the plate touch each other, like mashed potatoes and certain sauces.

*gets goosebumps*

beans mixed with potatoes is disgusting, if you hate beans.

*gets goosebumps*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not a fan of Kiev Chicken

*gets goosebumps*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Woah. Change the record !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

davet82 wrote: »
    bulimia

Thanks for bringing that up.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Or try putting them on a little piece of tinfoil with the edges folded up so that if it does leak out it doesn't get dried up on the tin, instead it stays beside the kievs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I hate when I go shopping and Im hungry and start buying random stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing that up.:(

pun intended? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

*gets goosebumps*

Worst case of this is if you get an irish breakfast and the soft egg runs into the beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

TheBody wrote: »
    I hate when I get a bigmac and forget to take the gherkin out. Bloody awful yokes.

Can I have your gherkin and put it into mine? Cos it's my favourite part of the Big Mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

*gets goosebumps*

I have always found it weird this phobia people have about food 'touching'.

Do you rinse your mouth out after you finish one type of food before you start another?

I hate when I go shopping and Im hungry and start buying random stuff

i know, i bought a melon on sunday. i wasnt sure if i liked them because i hadnt had one in years. But it turns out they are disgusting, apparrently they are an acquired taste.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

fúckin nightmare.

Too much of it is wasted on Mary Harney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Do you rinse your mouth out after you finish one type of food before you start another?

That's the weird thing: I don't even mind eating them at the same time; it's just seeing them touch that I have the problem with. I think it might be more to do with the texture of the food rather than the taste, and there's many foods I don't mind mixing at all.

I also used to have a slight thing about getting my hair partially wet when swimming or having a bath. I'd either have it completely dry or soak all my hair straight away: but I couldn't stand having a part of my hair being wet.
    For some reason I think this is related to my food phobia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

put them in tinfoil next time

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I hate when i undercook chips but still eat them because i'm hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Beans mixed with mashed potatoes is a delicacy.

havent had chicken kievs since i was a kid
    they're nice though, albeit very processed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It's not the same. If you ever get fish and chips in a pub in england you always get mushie peas. Sometimes they pour the mushie peas over the chips like a sauce. I hate that and always ask for it on the side.
    Now you can argue that it mixes in your mouth/stomach/large intestine all you like, but having the crispy fish batter and chip with the correct amount of mushie pea (or no mushie pea at all) is the ideal scenario.

Steak restaurants seem to have copped this on and it's almost standard to get your sauce in a little ramekin or gravy boat on the side instead of poured on the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

Beetroot touching anything.

Also breaded mushrooms disguised as chicken nuggets. Or mushrooms in general.

bluewolf wrote: »
    havent had chicken kievs since i was a kid
    they're nice though, albeit very processed

Well you can get non processed chicken kievs, superquinn do great ones, nom nom nom, god im hungry now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Why not ask for a Big Mac without the gherkin?

This has the added bonus that you won't get one that's lying on the shelf, as they'll have to cook a fresh one for you. (or just open a manky one, remove the gherko and then give you that...but let's not think about that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

On the flip side op

Dont like cabbage, dont like potato but both of them mixed together, i eat loads of it :confused:

Well you can get non processed chicken kievs, superquinn do great ones, nom nom nom, god im hungry now

yeah? closer to real chicken with some sauce in?
    sounds nice

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

i know, i bought a melon on sunday. i wasnt sure if i liked them because i hadnt had one in years. But it turns out they are disgusting, apparrently they are an acquired taste.

They taste really weak if that's the right word. Not a fan. Can only eat them for desert with a raspberry coulis to mask the taste or something like that.

bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah? closer to real chicken with some sauce in?
    sounds nice

Yeah the superquinn ones are a wing and breast stuffed with a garlic butter paste, bloody tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

you're post to put them on a wire rack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

When they are about 2/3rds cooked, you gotta puncture them on top to release the pressure. Theres a much less chance of losing the inside goodness if you do this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I like both shpuds and baked beans but the thought of the two of them slavered all over each other is pretty disgusting to me - it's perverse actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I hate rabbit food.

Celery, lettuce, cabbage, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Love beans, love scrambled eggs, but mix them together looks and tastes like vomit on a plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

*gets goosebumps*
    If I hear someone saying that at a dinner table again I'm going to flip the table and jump through a window just to stop myself from bitch slapping the person to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Love all kinds of chicken :D

Except Chicken Kiev :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

I hear beans mixed with potatoes is disgusting...if you hate beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I hate goats cheese. OH loves it, he bakes it, grills it, has it with crackers. The smell in the house and fridge is disgusting afterwards, but the worst is if he has a toasted sandwich and if I have one later I can taste the goats cheese on mine, yuck. If he cooks with it now he has to clean the sandwich maker completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

You would be better off getting some poor tortured €3 chicken and sticking a halved bulb of garlic up its hole.

I hear beans mixed with potatoes is disgusting...if you hate beans.

beans mixed with potatoes are ok...... if you hate potatoes

You would be better off getting some poor tortured €3 chicken and sticking a halved bulb of garlic up its hole.

Ye they're less fatty, the tortured ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I hate that anything from McDonalds is discribed as food.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I hate the way the most delicious foods are bad for you.

And don't gimme that crap about how delicious fresh fruit and seeds are- they're not disgusting or anything, but they sure ain't garlic and cheese fries or a crispy shredded beef!

irish-stew wrote: »
    I hate that anything from McDonalds is discribed as food.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuJH2rd6nZNLkTpWl04EY-6SduYcQT1fGIHcc7Dt4lCwD-xdeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When they are about 2/3rds cooked, you gotta puncture them on top to release the pressure. Theres a much less chance of losing the inside goodness if you do this. :)

Not so bad when it happens with chicken keivs as I just poor it back over the keiv. But it also happens sometimes when I do the peppersauce keivs, that sauce just ends up burning and sticking to the pan when it happens.

Must try that trick some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

ScumLord wrote: »
    If I hear someone saying that at a dinner table again I'm going to flip the table and jump through a window just to stop myself from bitch slapping the person to death.

• Advertisement
Advertisement