Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interleaving

Options
  • 09-05-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Is it possible, to lower / disable interleaving on eircom, or set it to fastpath?
    I saw thread posted in late 2011, that you can set it to fastpath (L2) with low interleaving, which is sick for gaming.
    Please respond.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thret wrote: »
    Is it possible, to lower / disable interleaving on eircom, or set it to fastpath?
    I saw thread posted in late 2011, that you can set it to fastpath (L2) with low interleaving, which is sick for gaming.
    Please respond.

Hi thret,

It is not possible to disable Interleaving altogether. I asked broadband support to check to see if they can lower it they stated that given the speed and package your on it is not possible to lower the Interleaving either I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Hi thret,

It is not possible to disable Interleaving altogether. I asked broadband support to check to see if they can lower it they stated that given the speed and package your on it is not possible to lower the Interleaving either I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

And on what package would this be possible? Because, as I'm hard core online gamer, I need either sick upload speed or low/disabled interleaving to get best response time which is not that great at the moment. :(

Hi Mark,

And on what package would this be possible? Because, as I'm hard core online gamer, I need either sick upload speed or low/disabled interleaving to get best response time which is not that great at the moment. :(

Hi thret,

A telephone line has to be capabile of the full 24Mb profile to be able to set the interleaving to 0 or fast path.

As you are on a 12MB profile the only interleaving setting – L2 = High interleaving.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Hi thret,

A telephone line has to be capabile of the full 24Mb profile to be able to set the interleaving to 0 or fast path.

As you are on a 12MB profile the only interleaving setting – L2 = High interleaving.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, I see whats the deal now.
    Well that's unfortunate, but I will cope with it. :rolleyes:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, I see whats the deal now.
    Well that's unfortunate, but I will cope with it. :rolleyes:

Hi thret,

No problem, sorry I was unable too help.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement