Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tank system shootout (ego-c,imist,ego-t,etc)

Options
  • 09-05-2012 5:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

pbusardo did a little video comparing the ego-c/t/x (wtf is the x), the imist and some innokin model I hadnt heard of

thought it'd be interesting to a few people who woudnt ordinarily check out his youtube channel. I'm surprised by how low the imist scored given how evangelical some of its users here were about it though i'm not surprised to see the
    ego c
    on top

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I watched that earlier and I noticed he didn't have a leaking section in the scoring.

I was shocked about the imist as well as I am a fan of it and I had nothing but leaking problems with the ego t and ego c, but in fairness to the ego c it was the generic setup I used and not original.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the leaking might take a bit longer to become apparent I guess and it seems they did it all in one afternoon, when I had my ego t it was a while before it started to regularly leak and a while longer before it started to just pour out of it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Watched it myself earlier on.

Handy for the newbies I guess, but once you try a carto-tank set up, or a repairable I'd say it's massively hard to go back to one of these set ups?

I can't ever see myself using an eGo atty again!

honestly if there was a version of the atty tank that worked well at high voltages I'd keep one around. wouldnt be a main device or anything but I could see myself using it from time to time, extended testing of juices or even just for certain juices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'm not surprised by that. For months, I'd keep trying different systems but I always came back to the C. It was my gold standard, not perfect but resilient and did what it said on the tin!

• Advertisement

huh

watching a video on youtube and the guy put a stainless steel wick into his ego-c

with the speed stainless steel supposedly wicks at, i wonder if that would help the atty run at higher voltages than otherwise as im pretty sure I read it's the wicking that would let it down at higher volts so you'd get lots of dry hits

ill have to look into this one

eeloe wrote: »
    Watched it myself earlier on.

Handy for the newbies I guess, but once you try a carto-tank set up, or a repairable I'd say it's massively hard to go back to one of these set ups?

I can't ever see myself using an eGo atty again!

lot more flavour and taste from a tank system like imist or ego-c compared to a carto though - no "filler" aspect to mute the taste.

I know how to keep the imist working well at this stage - my main vapign device - good once you understand it's possible foibles.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Poor imist, it really doesn't seem to work for pbusardo at all. In fairness he has given it a couple of chances, it just doesn't seem to have ever worked out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

huh

watching a video on youtube and the guy put a stainless steel wick into his ego-c

with the speed stainless steel supposedly wicks at, i wonder if that would help the atty run at higher voltages than otherwise as im pretty sure I read it's the wicking that would let it down at higher volts so you'd get lots of dry hits

ill have to look into this one

If that's the video of an odd looking fellow called Baz, I tried it out and it was very inconsistent. Fiberglass works best for me with a thin strip of tinfoil through the spike.

Haven't seen them anywhere else but I got a "B" version Ego-C from Cloud 9 and it works great. Holds 2ml in the tank...same as the Mega "T" cartridges.

Advertisement