Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two bodies found in Steamboat Quay

• 09-05-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard on 4 FM that two bodies were found in an apartment in Steamboat Quay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was just about to post the same link. Awful news.

Yeah, it is a horrible day for some family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Definitely sending good wishes to their family. What a tragedy :(

The Irish Times and Ireland.com are running as part of their stories that Gardai believe the deaths may have been caused by drug overdoses.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

<snip> i know their names but i thinks its best that they are officially announced & the family has been informed, very sad news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

<snip>, i know their names but i thinks its best that they are officially announced & the family has been informed, very sad news

I saw their names posted on Facebook, I don't know them but I really thought people would have a little more consideration. A very sad time for a family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Irish Times and Ireland.com are running as part of their stories that Gardai believe the deaths may have been caused by drug overdoses.:(

i new them lads thorugh mutel friends i doubt was drugs :mad: could be carbon monoide rip <snip> thinking of ur families at this time :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I think names should be removed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a very sad time for the family & friends of those affected. I have snipped speculation as to where the lads were from just in case someone stumbles on here and pieces together who it was.

Also, I'm sure this case will result into a criminal investigation so please try to avoid speculation into the cause of the deaths.

• Advertisement

omg

Clareman wrote: »
    This is a very sad time for the family & friends of those affected. I have snipped speculation as to where the lads were from just in case someone stumbles on here and pieces together who it was.

Also, I'm sure this case will result into a criminal investigation so please try to avoid speculation into the cause of the deaths.

Sorry fella, I was not trying to cause offence. The comment I made was actually on the Irish Times website and was attributed to Limerick gardai. Was not trying to speculate and will certainly not add any speculation going forward either.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I saw their names posted on Facebook, I don't know them but I really thought people would have a little more consideration. A very sad time for a family.

i know sure, i saw them on facebook aswell, some people really dont have any commen sense

Clareman wrote: »

sorry about that aswell,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

did it even make the national news?

fryup wrote: »
    did it even make the national news?

Was on national radio and tv yesterday, as well as most of the national press having it on their websites before 18:00.

Regardless of what coverage it got, it is a sad time for that family and no doubt all that were friends with the two guys.

Advertisement