Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tongs or wand?

• 09-05-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi, looking to buy tongs or a wand to curl my hair. Any suggestions on which would be best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

wands are much better, make sure you use a heat resistant glove. I find hair can get caught in tongs and also the tongs can leave marks where they clamp on your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

wands the amika stand in jervis is good you can haggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I have the Remington Pearl wand and it's brilliant. Never really used tongs because my hair just won't curl when I use them, but with the wand it curls perfectly and lasts all day. I find it easy to do different types of curls with it as well, although maybe tongs would offer more variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

My preference is for the wand as I hate the clamp crimping the ends of the hair. I ended up using my tongs as a wand until I replaced it. Also use the remington pearl. It was quite cheap in boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Got the Remington wand. Tried it out and it's easy enough to use. I'll use thicker pieces of hair next time cos curl was a bit tight. Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I have a babyliss wand. I dont find it actually makes curls but more waves. They look really pretty brushed out - think taylor swift hair.
    But I would prefer a tong I think. I think that'll be my next investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Another fan of the Remington Pearl Wand to add to the list here! :)

I got mine for about 25 quid in Argos, so perfectly happy with it for that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pishposh

I find both are good but i find tongs are easier to use on your own hair especially if it's not long enough to put over your shoulder as you curl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I have a Remington pearl wand, the thin one and it was great when my hair was short but I've gotten my extensions in again so ill be investing in the thicker one soon. Lasts all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shortie111

I'd defo recommend the wand, you just have to be careful not to burn yourself when using it :) I got my sister to curl my hair with her wand recently (not sure what brand it is), and my curls stayed in the whole night and the following 2 days, without using any hairspray or any other hair products :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Eire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Eire. wrote: »

Use a wand. I have the Babyliss Curling Wand. It's brilliant! Can do tight curls by using thin pieces of hair with loads of hairspray or loose curls by using bigger parts of hair.

Posted a pic of me with curls I did myself using the wand. I have very very naturally straight hair and this is the only thing that makes my hair curl!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barbs28

wow, I love your hair! How do you get the curls that shape? do you just twist them around the wand and hold for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barbs28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

barbs28 wrote: »
    wow, I love your hair! How do you get the curls that shape? do you just twist them around the wand and hold for a while?

Yeah you get a heat resistant glove, so just twist your hair around the wand but the key is holding the wand in the right position. Always have the wand in a vertical position, with the handle up on the top.

Bit Like this except more vertical.

AAAADOxFzjQAAAAAAH4KNA.jpg?v=1256482760000

The wand shape is big on the part nearer the handle and thinner at the bottom so you can create different size curls if needed.
    barbs28 wrote: »

Best best is rollers, although I have no experience with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Wand, ftw. I have POKER straight hair and lots of it, a wand (and masses of hairspray) is the only way it will take a curl. Just make sure you brush it out when you're finished or it'll look far too ringlet-y. You'll look like Diana Ross in the video for "Chain Reaction" when you brush it out but it will drop.

Pic from KYL - I wish my hair looked like this all the time :(

419971_10150846044547678_552147677_12736584_597948881_n.jpg

Advertisement