Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Access Issue (Red Internet Light on Modem)

Options
  • 09-05-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello,

I am posting this message on behalf on my father.

He got Eircom Broadband around two months ago and it has now stopped working.

Previous to this, it would slow down to maybe 0.15 Mbps. Turning the modem off (Zyxel P-660) and on would fix this and would bring the download speed back up to 2Mbps or so.

This issue would arise maybe three times a week.

Broadband stopped completely on Friday 4th of May. The DSL light was green but the Internet Light was red.

He tried connecting the Modem directly to the phone line, bypassing the splitter but the issue remained.

My father, who is elderly, rang Broadband Support to report this on the 4th of May, and was told that it was a line issue. We became aware that there was a general eircom issue in the area. But on Monday 7th May, service had not resumed and resetting the Modem did no good and the Internet light sayed red. The DSL light stayed green.

So my father rang Eircom Broadband support again on Monday 7th May and was asked once more to reset his modem. This did not fix the problem.

Naturally, my father is totally frustrated this morning as his Broadband is still not working. So I rang Broadband support on his behalf. I was speaking to William Crabtree, who listened to the issue, and recommended during a firmware upgrade on the Modem to fix the occasional slow speed issues. William also mentioned that he thought that the issue was exchange related due to authentication etc.

Obviously, this issue is dragging on and my father really misses his Internet.

Would really appreciate if some of the eircom techies can maybe to look at this .

Feel free to pm me to get any required information

Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mph_96 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am posting this message on behalf on my father.

He got Eircom Broadband around two months ago and it has now stopped working.

Previous to this, it would slow down to maybe 0.15 Mbps. Turning the modem off (Zyxel P-660) and on would fix this and would bring the download speed back up to 2Mbps or so.

This issue would arise maybe three times a week.

Broadband stopped completely on Friday 4th of May. The DSL light was green but the Internet Light was red.

He tried connecting the Modem directly to the phone line, bypassing the splitter but the issue remained.

My father, who is elderly, rang Broadband Support to report this on the 4th of May, and was told that it was a line issue. We became aware that there was a general eircom issue in the area. But on Monday 7th May, service had not resumed and resetting the Modem did no good and the Internet light sayed red. The DSL light stayed green.

So my father rang Eircom Broadband support again on Monday 7th May and was asked once more to reset his modem. This did not fix the problem.

Naturally, my father is totally frustrated this morning as his Broadband is still not working. So I rang Broadband support on his behalf. I was speaking to William Crabtree, who listened to the issue, and recommended during a firmware upgrade on the Modem to fix the occasional slow speed issues. William also mentioned that he thought that the issue was exchange related due to authentication etc.

Obviously, this issue is dragging on and my father really misses his Internet.

Would really appreciate if some of the eircom techies can maybe to look at this .

Feel free to pm me to get any required information

Martin

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear the issue has been ongoing feel free to PM your fathers landline issue and I will run a few checks on the broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement