Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Fire [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

those 2 episodes were briliant! Literally edge of my seat for both!
    The suspense was brilliant! I genuinely thought that the second bomb would go off for a min, finding Gabby, what happened to Shea.
    The two little girls. The whole thing!

I do feel like they could be setting up for Chicago MD, but they probably want to gauge audience reaction, they probably dont want to flood the market. Chicago MD would have a lot to live up to (ER).

Fire will be interesting next wk, to see how the House deals with the aftermath of what they all witnessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah it was another great episode! Hugely gripping. It was good to see that the Syrian angle was just Voigt waving his cock largely from the Fire episode and that there was no more to it. Looks to be a very pivotal episode alright.

I loved the MD angle. I hope they go ahead with the show. I suppose it does have a lot to live up to against ER but I'll take the show on it's own merits. I really liked what I saw this week. I'd love a third hit of Chicago MD along with PD and Fire every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Really loving both shows lately, but these two episodes were great start to finish, watched them back to back so it kept momentum.

Really enjoyed the MD side of things, would be interesting to see if that becomes a show in itself, it did seem like they were setting up the different Dr's characters

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I quite like Kelly and Lindsay as a couple

Good episode this wk.

I cannot believe the way they ended it !

• Advertisement

I thought there would be a bit more about the aftermath of the Hospital bombing to be honest and how the firefighters were affected by horrific scenes they saw. but they seemed to have moved on very fast.

and how cute is the chief getting relationship advice from Mills.

Caught up on PD today. OMFG!!! why do they keep doing this to me! one cliff hanger on Fire and another on PD.

Pulpo (I spelt that wrong, didnt I) storyline is really good. Im just waiting for Voight to loose the rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Are you kidding me??? So unfair to end season like that. I'll chew my fingers off before autumn :eek:

Surely Dawson wasn't going to say no to the proposal, why didn't she answer

I hope no one dies

O M G!!!!!

I CANT WAIT ALL SUMMER!

Oh my god!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Holy Cliffhanger Batman!!!

I knew they'd end on some sort of cliffhanger, but I was not expecting anything of that magnitude whatsoever!!! Great episode...

To be honest, if they start Season 3 with everyone being fine, I'll be kinda pissed, someone needs to take one for the team and die for the credibility of the show...

Should we start taking bets now on who's not gonna make it?

• Advertisement

have you no heart?!?!? how can you want anyone to die?!?! I love them all!!!!

I cannot believe that the chief is the only one who didnt go in! holy cliffhanger is right!

Im just in shock here! I have to wait til tomorrow for PD!

But - Mouch and Platt! whoo! that's gonna be a goodun!

SarahBM wrote: »
    have you no heart?!?!? how can you want anyone to die?!?! I love them all!!!!

I cannot believe that the chief is the only one who didnt go in! holy cliffhanger is right!

Im just in shock here! I have to wait til tomorrow for PD!

But - Mouch and Platt! whoo! that's gonna be a goodun!

Yeah, I thought Mouch and Platt was great. Also Severide and Lindsay are another great matching.

It's not that I want any of them to die. I love all the characters - even Mills, who I didn't really like in Season 1, but I feel for the show to go on and continue being one of the best written shows on television they have to kill one of the main characters at this point, just to show they're not afraid of killing off a major player - they've been taunting us all season. How many of the main characters have been so very close to death and then they were perfectly fine the following week. They've been steadily building up to killing someone off.
    If I was a betting man I'd say one of Casey, Dawson, Shay or Mills isn't leaving that building alive. I don't think they'd dare kill Severide, as I imagine him to be by far the most popular character, and as heartbreaking as it would be to lose Otis, Crews, Mouch or Herrmann, people would deal with it, so for the ultimate shock factor it would need to be Casey, Dawson, Shay or Mills...

Or super plot twist - everyone who went into the building is actual fine and that explosion was actually Boden's brain imploding and it's him who actually dies...

:eek:

I think - and this is just a theory - that if Herrmann died they could bring back Clarke as LT.
    But that's just wishful thinking on my part. I am going to die waiting all summer.
    and god knows what they are going to do with PD.

my poor heart.

I think - and this is just a theory - that if Herrmann died they could bring back Clarke as LT.
    But that's just wishful thinking on my part. I am going to die waiting all summer.
    and god knows what they are going to do with PD.

my poor heart.

But Severide is the LT of Squad - he'd have to die/leave for Clarke to return as Squad LT at Firehouse 51. Herrmann passed his LT test, but won't have the position unless he transfers somewhere else, or unless Casey leaves/dies as Casey is LT for truck. Don't think Herrmann would have the sufficient training to become Squad LT, so it'd only be Casey's position he could have at 51...

But Severide is the LT of Squad - he'd have to die/leave for Clarke to return as Squad LT at Firehouse 51. Herrmann passed his LT test, but won't have the position unless he transfers somewhere else, or unless Casey leaves/dies as Casey is LT for truck. Don't think Herrmann would have the sufficient training to become Squad LT, so it'd only be Casey's position he could have at 51...

I thought the reason Clarke left was because if he made LT then Herrmann couldnt.

Im confused.

anyway!

OMG! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That was some ending! Love Platt and Mouch myself! I thought it tied in very nicely with the recent PD episode where she had to have her annual meeting with her dad! :). Mind you, let's hope Mouch never gets his hands on the family's wealth. He'd blow that pretty quick with his ill advised money schemes he gets stuck in at times!

I'm calling it now, Dawson is the unfortunate victim. Up to that point I was trying to figure out whow they'd cover Dawson at the new firehouse and concentrate on 51 as well. I could only see it as her having less presence on the show. The buildup to the engagement as well makes me think that, while they could happily continue with her on the show, if they need to sacrifice someone, she's the prime candidate. I really like Dawson so I hope I'm wrong but, unless they throw a curve ball, I can't see it any other way.

Ah come, they would never put Casey through all that again!!! Habe you forgotten Haley?!?
    I think might be shay!

Ah come, they would never put Casey through all that again!!! Habe you forgotten Haley?!?
    I think might be shay!

I had actually forgotten Hayley. Can't even recall her now. The only one I remember is the widow of the firefighter from Season 1. I wasn't mad on that story arc.

I think Casey or Shay will be badly injured (again) or die which will keep Dawson as a paramedic with 51

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Wow, what an ending to a great season - glad I came back to watch this show again

• Advertisement

I still think Boden is the real father of Mills

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Have to say I love this show. I never get emotional watching telly but I'm losing count of the num,ber of times this show has made me well up with tears. All started with the Guard of Honour for the kids funeral in season one and has gotten progressively worse! Stop making me gurn!! lol Can't wait for season 3

I don't think I can wait til September. I'll just have to buy the box set

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

I don't think I can wait til September. I'll just have to buy the box set

I hadn't even heard of Chicago PD until I seen this thread....actually makes sense though now with some of the Fire episodes...I know what I'll be downloading this weekend, should keep me going til the new season

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leverage

love this show,

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

In addition to injuring several, the explosion will take the life one of the show’s main characters in what star Yuri Sardarov (Otis) calls an emotional season premiere. "There will be many tears at the end of it," he says. The loss will bring Casey and Severide closer together, but possibly isolate Boden, who must balance his despair with his new marriage and new baby. There will be several fresh faces, including a new firefighter, Newhouse, whose young daughter Naomi will be a big presence around Firehouse 51. - Source TV Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    In addition to injuring several, the explosion will take the life one of the show’s main characters in what star Yuri Sardarov (Otis) calls an emotional season premiere. "There will be many tears at the end of it," he says. The loss will bring Casey and Severide closer together, but possibly isolate Boden, who must balance his despair with his new marriage and new baby. There will be several fresh faces, including a new firefighter, Newhouse, whose young daughter Naomi will be a big presence around Firehouse 51. - Source TV Guide
    Please don't be Shay, please don't be Shay, please don't be Shay.

• Advertisement

I really hope it's some of the newer faces around the firehouse. I know that sounds cack and it's the one thing I'd be screaming at the writers for in other shows but CF is different and I love all the established characters! Don't want to see any of them go.

Advertisement